AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Another brother joins the Larueminati :)

Do i get a badge? I definitely feel there should be a badge involved :P

I've changed over the TD grip for an MOE one now and put an MBUS on it - Has anyone got a quick and easy way of increasing the RoF without tampering with the box? For example, are deans plugs likely to quicken it up noticeably? The trigger, even with a G&P 120 is a tad slow for my liking..

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

kingDONG:

Nice! Very clean and the weathering makes it look serious.

I actually have a very similar setup (I guess it's similar to both your uppers):

24227745.jpg

This build is now done optics and all but I don't have my camera to snap pics.

Edited by slu

Switch to an SHS High Speed, they're even faster than the M120.

Just about to chuck one in the Ehobby basket, but a quick question; Do they have screw connectors as well as spades? In the future i'll be replacing the switchblock and wiring with a G&P one.

No, just the standard slide-on motor connector tabs.

They keep falling off my damn motor connectors! Still, solved that with some tactical plier application. I've also discovered the M120 lacks the torque as it's quite a heavy spring, hence the slow response. Unfortunately, the KA motor, while having the torque, doesn't like the MOE grip. I've now properly adjusted the motor in the original TangoDown grip, and it's nice and quick on semi but the RoF sucks on F/A... That being the case, i've decided to carefully open the gearbox, replace the wiring with 16 guage G&P stuff, re-shim and re-grease it all, clean off the contacts and fit a mosfet. buy some 11.1v Lipos.

On another note, here's a picture with the rear MBUS fitted and a silencer, just because it's a picture thread.

P1010129.jpg

any thought or remarks ?

btw that scopemount is a temporary thing (until i find the outher mount)

It's unique and awesome. Really sleek looking DMR man - the fluted barrel looks sweet.

So far so good; with a Falcon bucking and grooved barrel it's shooting farther and straighter than ever before. The first real test will be this weekend's game.

Awesome - I'm tempted by one if they end up holding up like the G39's and such.

Newest iteration of my gun. Now I know it's missing iron sights, but they're in the mail after my last ones broke. I've got a Classic Army KAC RIS on the way, so I'm temporarily (TEMPORARILY, Hwagan) going to take the Omega rail off and replace it with the 7" RIS and the original front sight post. There's something about having a flip up rear iron and a permanent front post that I like. Sure it's a bit of work to keep changing, but that's what I love about airsoft. I have tech work I can do between games and if my aesthetic interests change, I can adapt.

The new suppressor gives the front some good weight, but it's not a paperweight like I thought it would be. I love the trademarks, and it just makes the gun feel complete to me. I've going to pick up a new optic since that one's broken, but first people need to PM me back about my offers for their for-sale holos! I can't decide, though, if I want another holo (like a 553 or XPS) or an Aimpoint...

Comments appreciated, but remember, it's not a complete usable rifle yet.

img5223o.jpg

img5228yw.jpg

img5229k.jpg

It's a G&P, which I never had problems with until the (plastic) cam that adjusts the vertical orientation of the reticule got stripped so it no longer functions. It's essentially useless unless I got another matching part. At this point I just want to find another, especially a 553 or an XPS with trades...that'd be beautiful.

Newest iteration of my gun. Now I know it's missing iron sights, but they're in the mail after my last ones broke. I've got a Classic Army KAC RIS on the way, so I'm temporarily (TEMPORARILY, Hwagan) going to take the Omega rail off and replace it with the 7" RIS and the original front sight post.

Looking good as always - The new HALO really does look awesome, especially the knurling on the attachment point. Does it do much for the sound? The old Madbull HALO was insanely effective.

Go with a G&P Aimpoint 'n all, they're the best airsoft red dots going, bar none. Either the CompM2 or the T-1 are both excellently built, with a clear dot, decent battery live, and unspeakably reliable... Plus the M2 looks sick with a killflash.

Looking good as always - The new HALO really does look awesome, especially the knurling on the attachment point. Does it do much for the sound? The old Madbull HALO was insanely effective.

Go with a G&P Aimpoint 'n all, they're the best airsoft red dots going, bar none. Either the CompM2 or the T-1 are both excellently built, with a clear dot, decent battery live, and unspeakably reliable... Plus the M2 looks sick with a killflash.

Due to laws here in the states our can's can't actually function, so unfortunately it doesn't do a lot. I love how it's looking too.

I need to find a used M2 it seems.