AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Kingdong, do you have any QD suppressor to put on your M4? I'm planning to build a RIS II upper for my ino M4 as well, would love to see one with suppressor.

Whoring opportunity detected!

SDC10470.JPGSDC10475.JPG

I don't have any without the M203, and I sold my suppressor, but you get the idea. Here's a real one--unfortunately I lost the fullsize version but maybe someone else has it:

images.jpg

Well here's my M4 again.

The 10.5" barrel was two piece and the grub screw finally stripped, so the barrel had so much wobble that it was unusable. I put the original in and replaced the DD Omega 9" for a CA 7" KAC RIS for the Block I look. It's really comfortable and fun to use right now. I'm awaiting Troy sights, the rear of which will be used on this rifle, and a G&P Aimpoint.

I loved having my rifle in a CQB setup, but I think I'll wait and buy a Block II upper down the road and use this as a general rifle, possible a DMR if I choose to put a tightbore all the way to the end of the can.

photo4cl.th.jpg

photo5xs.th.jpg

Actually, I think that might be the real deal...

http://www.opticsplanet.net/printable-eotech-exps3-extreme-xps-red-dot-sight-with-side-button-qd-lever.html

Haven't seen an airsoft version of one of these before. Very nice.

Yes it is the real deal, good eye! I got a pretty good deal on it in exchange for a 553 I previously got for a SOPMOD II carbine. AFAIK, 553s are being replaced by the tan EXPS "SU-233B/PEQ," as the laterally mounted battery copes with recoil better, not that it matters in airsoft. It works the same, just smaller and the buttons are on the side so you can sit a magnifier closer.

The throwlever is also tension adjustable. The 553 was loose on the Inokatsu upper (but was fine on RS and Prime uppers, there goes "in spec," Inokatsu), but the EXPS mount is tension adjustable.