AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Well, it stopped raining in London for 5 minutes, so I decided to take the family out tongue.gif

KSC M4A1 GBB with Madbull Daniel Defense 7" Omega rail

kscm4a11.jpg

G&P WOC M4A1 CQB with Madbull Daniel Defense 7" Omega rail

gpm4a11.jpg

G&P Magpul with Madbull Noveske 10" rail & 12.5" Crusader barrel

gpnoveske1.jpg

G&P LMT MRP Combat Long

gpmrp1.jpg

G&P Troy M7A1

gptroym7a11.jpg

And lastly, I assume KAC stuff goes here now as thread is titled "AR15 and Derivatives" ?

King Arms SR16

kasr151.jpg

• Like 2

Wow! Very nice collection there, cha ching!

bladerunner168 loving that KA SR16.

Thanks for the kind words folks! biggrin.gif

I completely gutted the KA internals and out and installed Systema Revlolution GB and motor in there as well as a Systema hop unit.

The only inner barrel that made the thing work consistently with the Systema internals was a Marui HX.

The thing is like a child with fussy foody requirments blink.gif

Bladerunner: Which do you like better, the KSC GBBR or the G&P WOC?

Really hard to say, the KSC is built like old Mercs, the magazines are heavy and go in with a solid "Thud" and it pretty much skirmishable out of the box.

The WOC just has so many options going for it but requires more fine tuning.

VFC SR-15E3

*snip*

Seriously need to get myself some of those SCAR panels, they always looks bloody awesome. Great looking build.

Really hard to say, the KSC is built like old Mercs, the magazines are heavy and go in with a solid "Thud" and it pretty much skirmishable out of the box.

The WOC just has so many options going for it but requires more fine tuning.

Honest question, but I barely know the first thing about cars, what are old mercs built like?

Honest question, but I barely know the first thing about cars, what are old mercs built like?

Mercedes, pre 1990's were over engineered, even their boss said so.

When you closed the doors on old Merc SL's (the convertible one, look up the one in old TV show Hart to Hart), it gave out a very satisfying "thud" sound.

Oh great and wise armalite gurus. I come before thee with a quest for information and possibly some pics.

Am in the market for a better flashlight, and I am pondering where to mount it on my MOE A1 fronted rifle.

I am currently torn between: MOE top mounted rail with an offset mount to the side of the foresight, and a rail that I have seen, but alas cannot find again that goes on the side of the A-frame gasblock.

Can anyone help identify/find/recommend one?

Flashlight is looking likely to be a Surefire replica as they're hella bright and cheap as chips. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by scorch

Buy an Magpul Illumination Kit, most flexible option for the front end you have chosen.

And Bladerunner is selling one for an excellent price! See what I did there :P

Still, they are very handy. There's so many places to mount the bits you should be able to find a suitable setup.

And Bladerunner is selling one for an excellent price! See what I did there :P

Still, they are very handy. There's so many places to mount the bits you should be able to find a suitable setup.

Why, thank you old chap wink.gif and thank you to Scorch for buying it biggrin.gif

My advice was somewhat clouded by my motive to sell the thing, but it is, in all fairness, the most flexible option if you plan to run a MOE setup.

Why, thank you old chap wink.gif

Quite alright, the page has finally ticked over so I can get on with the whoring! :P

Firstly, the G&P replacement for the failmelt King Arms Larue; G&P VSBR base gun, Magpul'd. Not much else to be said really;

P1010311.jpg

Also in SD style flavour;

P1010319.jpg

G&P M733, with R/S slim handguards courtesy of BaBaBooey (Thanks dude!)

P1010299.jpg

P1010285.jpg

G&P Car-15, now suitably battered

P1010321.jpg

P1010325.jpg

(I'd also like to state that the Paracord sling doesn't foul any of the working parts :P)

• Like 2

Ahhh, hwagan, I see you have returned to embrace the comfy bosom that is G&P tongue.gif

Ha, I never left! I just really like Larue rifles, and unfortunately G&P don't do them... I thought maybe it'd be worth risking the King Arms, but it just didn't cut it when it comes to build/finish/having compatible parts... Ah well. The VSBR is just as amazing as the others.

Also, agreed on Drake's photography skills. Never has a bog standard Block I M4 looked better.

Thankage chaps using a canon 500D with stock kit lens and adobe CS3.

If I'm honest the photo itself turned out rubbish thanks to seriously dull lighting so I had to take it into CS3 and fiddle with it.

Heres the original crappy version.

i264.th.jpg

Edited by -Drake-