AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

G&P Magpul x JP Rifle AEG, Madbull 7" JP Rifle front end with 12" barrel option fitted, Beta Project PMAG

magpuljp1.jpg

VFC HK416 DX AEG, no modifications for now due to lack of funds :(

hk4161.jpg

G&P WOC GBBR, a MK18 MOD 0 interpretation, G&P KAC front end, RA Tech 6.03 inner barrel and RA Tech Hop unit, so far so good.

gpmk18mod01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

I got rid of UBR, in order to make it less "magpul-ed". Influence of RS, field guns.

This chinese T1 copy seemed to be great... until I realized it's "only" 8mm longer than original... LOL. So Comp M4 copy is on its place again, MOE was replaced by thinnest MIAD configuration. Unfortunately I don't have more recent picture.

DSC_0388-1.jpg

Edited by MRF
  • Like 1

Howdy.

Would any of you fine gentlemen know where I could find a G&P XM177 in the US? Nobody seems to stock them (except for Evike which is always out of stock) but I don't know enough retailers to say I've had a thorough search of the country. Would like to avoid Hong Kong deals if at all possible. Also, what would be a preferred model, the E1 or the E2? One costs a considerable amount more than the other.

Edited by Redshirt 1-7

I've not been posting much lately, in part because I've been getting into RS training and shooting and doing some consulting work on the side, but mostly because I've been working on a few projects of my own. This is one I finally completed at long last. It's about as close as I can get to the KAC / Magpul Dynamics SR15.

kacmdlefta.jpg

kacmdleftb.jpg

kacmdleftcmz.jpg

kacmdrighta.jpg

kacmdrightb.jpg

kacmdrightc.jpg

kacmd3quartercloseupmd.jpg

Limited Edition, super rare Light Weight URX :

lwurx.jpg

I've been working on this project for about 15 months now. Needless to say it was a lot easier to accomplish before KAC decided to switch the rail from their normal midlength URX II to a limited edition Light Weight URX. Knights Armament only made approximately 150 of these LW URX's, 100 that were installed on the limited edition KAC / Magpul Dynamics rifles, and 50 that were sold to long time customers and friends on (I believe it was) the SilencerTalk forum. Finding a LW URX that someone was willing to sell proved almost impossible, but I did get VERY lucky eventually. The front sight is spring activated which is a first for the URX series, and it's a shame they decided not to do it on the URX III. The LW URX is basically a URX 2.5 as it was a design they were considering evolving the URX II to until they opted to go with the design features in the URX III instead and therefore have no plans in the future to manufacture the LW URX again. To my knowledge, no replicas of the LW URX have ever been made and this may very well be the only Airsoft KAC/MD SR15 E3 IWS to ever exist. :D

It isn't quite perfect, but I'm happy with it. The only things it's really lacking is the Special Edition built-in to the upper receiver rear Micro BUIS which on the RS is permanently attached. I opted to use a bolt on KAC Micro BUIS instead. Also on the RS version the lower receiver's QD cups are machined down and plugged flush to the E3 receiver so that the Magpul ASAP plate can be installed unaltered. I guess I could have done that ... I just wasn't that motivated. So instead, I chose to grind down a standard Magpul ASAP to fit around the QD cups which is the same as what I did with all my other VFC SR15's.

Parts list:

• VFC SR15 E3 IWS

• RS Magpul ASAP

• RS Magpul CTR - FDE

• RS KAC Micro Rear BUIS

• RS KAC LW URX

• RS Aimpoint T-1

• RS KAC Aimpoint Micro mount

• Magpul PTS MOE Pistol Grip - FDE, with PTS metal grip base in black

• Magpul PTS Polymer Trigger Guard - FDE

• Magpul PTS PMAG - FDE

• DYTac 16" Dimpled Barrel (early prototype)

• Iron Airsoft KAC TTB

• G&P Lipo ready buffer tube

• Madbull Ultimate HopUp w/ KM TBB and H-Nub

The Illustrator artwork for the custom engravings were done by me based off reference pics I took at Shot Show 2010, and based off my real SR15 upper. They're 100% accurate as I was recently able to compare them to a friend's RS KAC/MD SR15 (which was a relief since I had already done the laser engravings by that point). Only two VFC receivers were done this way, one for me and one for my buddy in HK. The laser engravings came out really nice and crisp. The only difficulty I encountered when getting them done was finding a laser engraver in HK with an engraving machine with enough clearance to be able to do the Dynamics logo on the front face of the mag well. This whole project would have come together a lot quicker if US Postal Services hadn't lost my SR15 for 5 months. I was convinced it had been seized and "destroyed". Imagine my surprise when my friend called me several months later to say that the gun had returned to HK. Speaking of US Postal Services they also misplaced my LW URX in transit for 3 plus months. I was about ready to give up on the entire project when one day my postal lady excitedly handed me my package long thought lost. Anyway, there you have it.

Project complete! :)

• Like 2

Sorry if this doesn't really belong here but I don't want to waste it on a new thread. Reposting because the last time it got overshadowed by huge pictures of sexy guns...

Howdy.

Would any of you fine gentlemen know where I could find a G&P XM177 in the US? Nobody seems to stock them (except for Evike which is always out of stock) but I don't know enough retailers to say I've had a thorough search of the country. Would like to avoid Hong Kong deals if at all possible. Also, what would be a preferred model, the E1 or the E2? One costs a considerable amount more than the other.

I would be very surprised if there were a single XM177 in stock on any US airsoft seller's website. G&P is very poorly distributed in the US, and usually only the commonest of their AEGs make in here. Or rather: when a new gun comes out, a few of them make it to the US in one initial batch, but once they're sold out, they're never replenished, leaving only the commonest offerings. I believe that Evike is technically the importer and/or distributor for G&P in the US--perhaps one reason why they're so poorly distributed.

If you want one, you have to bite the bullet and look at the HK sites.

Of course, the situation is very different in the UK...

I would be very surprised if there were a single XM177 in stock on any US airsoft seller's website. G&P is very poorly distributed in the US, and usually only the commonest of their AEGs make in here. Or rather: when a new gun comes out, a few of them make it to the US in one initial batch, but once they're sold out, they're never replenished, leaving only the commonest offerings. I believe that Evike is technically the importer and/or distributor for G&P in the US--perhaps one reason why they're so poorly distributed.

If you want one, you have to bite the bullet and look at the HK sites.

Of course, the situation is very different in the UK...

Is there an advantage to ordering from a UK site over one in HK? Disadvantage?

Thanks for the input.

Edited by Redshirt 1-7

That would look even better with a URX III. ;)

Looks good though as is. Nice and compact. It'd be a great MOUT gun.

Everything looks better with a URXIII.

After playing around with it for a few days, I really wish I had this at pine plains 5..

Should be smaller and less noticeable, also no witness marks on the receiver extension castle nut?

There is one on the top of the castle nut. They are a bit wide, all I had at the time was a small paint brush, not a paint pen. They'll come off with a bit of paint thinner so I'll redo them when I have the rest of the stuff I need to mark on it.