AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Its a TR24 like yours I believe. Amber though, not red. Same mount to boot. ADM Recon something something.

An amber Trijicon RMR is inbound so I sent ADM an email asking them if they can make a part for me! Figure, if they like it, they can make a product and if not Ill pay someone else to do it.

Hoping I can toss the RMR on top when I want or use it on an MP5 for P90 other times.

Oh I see. Mine's the ADM Recon-X mount which mounts a bit more forward than yours. Oh I'm really interested in that RMR mount! Let me know what ADM says, and I'll take one too if it comes to fruition!

EDIT: I thought about opting out for the Larue SPR LT104 with the J-Point offset mount, but if you can get this ADM ball rolling, I'd save a chunk of change!

Edited by Noveske
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Oh I see. Mine's the ADM Recon-X mount which mounts a bit more forward than yours. Oh I'm really interested in that RMR mount! Let me know what ADM says, and I'll take one too if it comes to fruition!

EDIT: I thought about opting out for the Larue SPR LT104 with the J-Point offset mount, but if you can get this ADM ball rolling, I'd save a chunk of change!

Oh yeah look at that lol yours is way forward! I was actually about to buy the LT mount and offset mount this weekend but I really want the RMR to be QD. ADM has a QD mount for it, now I just need rails on the scopes! There are a couple options but none that I really like.

Ill let you know how it works out!

Thanks. It's the second URX rail I've owned and my favorite (I owned the G&P SR-25 URX and in terms of weight and comfort, the URX III is superior). The KAC flash hider looks perfect on it and I'll be selling my AAC MK17 flash hider. I ought to give a shout out to USCMCorps for letting me borrow his tools for this.

-Piano

Noveske-

How do you like the interface of the Larue LT752's with the URX 3? I'm looking to mount my Scout light and was debating a the LT752 or Gear Sector's mount.

Current state of the SR47.

-Piano

Noveske-

How do you like the interface of the Larue LT752's with the URX 3? I'm looking to mount my Scout light and was debating a the LT752 or Gear Sector's mount.

Current state of the SR47.

-Piano

I also do have a gear sector scoutlight offset mount and I've tried it with the URX3 as well. I think both mounts are very good. The Gear Sector does have a smaller profile (without the lever), however, that said, I have to say that the LaRue is much easier to install and remove (just a lever), whereas the gearsector requires you to unscrew it and slide the entire mount on & off.

Here's a picture of both them on the URX3 (Apologies for the bad picture of the GS Mount. I'll take some better comparison photos when I get home tonight):

145a9498.jpg

IMG_7587-1.jpg

I have both the LaRue and GearSector mounts. While both are great mounts, I personally prefer the GearSector mount because I favor low profile design ... plus I've had the LaRue Scout Light throw lever snag on foliage in the past. If you like to frequently change the configurations of your guns and accessories on said guns, the LaRue and Arms mounts are good choices. For myself, I tend to setup my guns for how they work for me and just leave them that way for months at a time so using a lever free design isn't a big deal. I will say this though, lever designs (like LaRue and ADM) are really good for ensuring that the mount is locked in place since they have locking throw levers. I've seen a lot of EoTechs and various other accessories with screw mounts fly off guns in the middle of drills during Carbine classes because the screws weren't tightened to the correct torque spec.

ETA: Leon Kennedy, I really like the finish you did to that receiver. Looks nice and not over done. Got a how-to for it? Or did you just paint it and then wiped off the excess leaving the recesses with paint? Regardless, I like it!

Edited by uscmCorps

ETA: Leon Kennedy, I really like the finish you did to that receiver. Looks nice and not over done. Got a how-to for it? Or did you just paint it and then wiped off the excess leaving the recesses with paint? Regardless, I like it!

Thanks, man! I just did the plain old "spray it then wipe it off"; the only thing I did differently than most people is that I used a cardboard shield to block half of the spray; that way, there was a minimal amount of paint that actually made contact with the receiver, and I wiped it off pretty quickly after it dried. Sure, you waste a lot of paint, but I guess it's not a big deal since it all gets wiped off anyway!

Piano:

I really like that SR47. Not something you see everyday, definitely.

You did a self-install of the URX3? Did you use the official tools or did you implement an alternate method "good enough for airsoft"? If you've developed a method I might pick up a URX3.

Edited by slu

I loaned Piano my URX III wrench. The URX III and all current URX II rails from KAC all have the new style aluminum nut that is not compatible with the old tubular spanner wrench. A machinist on AR15.com had taken upon himself to make some of his own new type URX wrenches as he felt the ones sold by KAC were way to expensive. He made his out of tool steel and sold his wrenches for $120-130 (which is less than 50% the price KAC was charging). He stopped making them once he graduated from university and lost his access to his school's engineering machine shop. I was lucky to get one while he still had one for sale. That source has since run out, and the only options buyers of the URX rails have now is either send the rail to someone to install or buy a KAC wrench.

Pradal-Serey, +1 and then some, love your taste and style on those guns, exactly what I like to see :-) Mind running down the list of what's on those ?

the sbr kit list is here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/191028-magpul-picture-thread/page__view__findpost__p__2479796