AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

It was an one piece M16 Outer Barrel what was shorten to 16" and equipped with an new 14 CCW screw thread...All done by an friend of me from a german forum...

The second gas block is a formed normal front sight...For these i make new notches in the Outer in the right place...

dsc026764w8j2.jpg

Edited by RIOT1980
  • Like 1

This is a combo of three M4s and the accessories that came with them. ~6 months in the making

Details:

-JG M4 Base, gearbox (stock internals, with Classic Army Full Metal Teeth Piston)

-Classic Army Crane Stock, RIS hand guard from a M15A4 CQBR

-DBoys buffer tube, sling plate, motor pistol grip *Egro Grip Style*, and folding BUIS back up iron sight from customized Dboys M4

-DBoys PEQ2 Battery Box with Intellect 9.6v 1600mah NiCad battery

-Magpul PTS Flat Dark Earth Angled Foregrip *AFG*

-Troy Industries Flat Dark Rail Cover *left side*

-Aimpoint M3 Clone on high rise scope ring

-Modify Tremors Recoil Kit, with trimmed rod and additional compression springs

-Dean Connectors

-Classic Army Full Metal Teeth piston

Lets see, total cost:

-Classic Army M15A4, $400 new in 2006, broke down and had short circuits due to shoddy construction on classic army's part

-Dboys custom M4, $250 used in 2011, but had tons of issues because the seller was fraudulent

-JG M4, ~$80 worth of used parts in trade, would be $170 new. Best damn airsoft M4 I've ever owned. Amazing internals, and decent ABS plastic externals. Put the pot metal bodies from the other M4s to shame.

-Modify Tremors Recoil Kit $80 *ate $30 worth of stock pistons*

-Classic Army Full Metal Teeth Piston $25

-DBoys PEQ2 Battery Box, $15

-Magpul PTS FDE AFG, got it with a P90

-Aimpoint Clone with Ring, $40

The shown M4 would be ~$230 with internals and with the furniture it came with alone. Add the cost from the dead M4s and add ons, ~$910 :mellow::unsure::blink:

dsc07383i.jpg

dsc07386o.jpg

dsc07385m.jpg

Just got an ACOG sight and thought I'd throw in in here to show the progression of my L119A1 project so far.

Not done yet but I'm very happy with it, without doubt of all the softguns I've owned this is the one I'm the most thrilled about.

Here goes:

009-1.jpg

Pictures not the greatest, still trying to get better at that part.

To do list:

Reinforced frontsight.

Engraved reciever.

Extra "notch" on the top rail of the reciever.

Sling plate.

Better paintjob.