AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Quick question since everyone here is (likely) an m4 owner. My m4 is back on page 34. I'm think about converting my M4 into a CQB weapon. CQB has never been big thing in my area until recently when a CQB arena opened. I was leaning towards a new front end kit, like a stubby killer. The only problem then is where does the battery go >_>. Should I just give the standard m4 length a go in cqb first before making any changes? It does let me keep the grenade launcher on it. I've played since 2007, but my Cqb experience is just one game, lol.

Edited by CSC Maverick

Quick question since everyone here is (likely) an m4 owner. My m4 is back on page 34. I'm think about converting my M4 into a CQB weapon. CQB has never been big thing in my area until recently when a CQB arena opened. I was leaning towards a new front end kit, like a stubby killer. The only problem then is where does the battery go >_>. Should I just give the standard m4 length a go in cqb first before making any changes? It does let me keep the grenade launcher on it. I've played since 2007, but my Cqb experience is just one game, lol.

i and a few others at our local cqb games use m4 sometimes it a bit awkward and then i just use my pisol but for the most i get away with the m4 what about making it into a commando length so you still have the battery up front but less barrel

Here is my latest toy, a Sun Project M4

It has a steel bolt from AS4L, adjustable hop-up, and the start of a flat top, and maybe a few other small upgrades. It shoots pretty well now that I have everything tightened down and loktighted in place, pretty much like an AEG range wise but with killer sound and recoil.

img3341d.jpg

The rail is just a riser that was clamped on to the body after the carry handle was removed. I am not terribly fond of the look and will be re-doing the flat top mod a bit nicer. I really just want to convert it back to the A2 style body as I plan on using this with my IDF loadouts and the Israelis tend to use a lot more fixed carry handle weapons. I may do a real steel upper conversion just for ease of finding one.

And here it is next to my other M4

img3347q.jpg

The AEG is based off of an Echo-1 Metal body and has all sorts of good stuff inside it that makes it a nice reliable AEG. Nothing extreme, I think it is shooting around 380 fps at a modest 15 or 17 RPS using a 7.4v lipo in the front hand guards. I cut the barrel just past the front of the sight and re-threaded it for the amplifier and it does make the gun sound meaner than it really is. The gun is a solid performer and makes a nice loaner gun, especially since I will now be using the Sun Project a lot more than the AEG's I own!

• Like 1

Good stuff, which brand gearbox did you go with? Any issues with fitting the GB shell/buffer tube/barrel etc?

went with the G&P complete gearbox from EHA. had no problem with fitment. actually took more time getting the reciever together with all the pins and what not. super tight tolerences. The trigger pin actually sticks out .5 mm cause im too scared to force it thru in fear of warping the body. shoots 380 fps w/ .25's. running a prommy neo chamber, km head inner barrel and pdi w hold bucking. waiting for my chrono to come in before i cut the spring down a bit to get to down to 350.

buffer tube fitment was fine. only problem I had was after snugging the screw from the inside of the stock tube it still had quite a bit of play. thankfully the stock tube had set screws to hold the reciever. Its good for now but will be fixing that once i can go to a teammates shop and fab up some parts.

Edited by RRHkid
  • Like 1

I apologize if my lack of gas block or internal wires offends the airsoft gods, I've tried to hide them for this (very bad) photo, now with 100% more front sight:

M4_build_9001.jpg

This is hopefully what my gun should look like (sans the badly hidden wires) if I can get my friend to tuck the wires in and set me up for a buffer tube lipo.

Edited by Redshirt 1-7

Why not use a lipo?

A small issue of $$$ combined with being paranoid about flaming/exploding batteries as well as not having a good place to store one. I also didn't realize how much I needed one until recently.

Um... is your front sight a rear sight?

Yup.

It works quite well actually, they line up almost perfectly. It looks a bit whack but it stands out at least...

Edited by Redshirt 1-7