AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

I'm not trying to replicate any rifle exactly (if I was, it wouldn't be a very good job: sight placement wrong, no paint, wrong armoury number on stock, lack of readi-mag, no tape on mag, no taped up front sling swivel, etc...).

I posted the pic as an example of the stuff the SAS had on their rifles at that time.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Hi folks...

I wasn't sure what category it fits most ;).

Let me introduce You to my new, completely accidental idea of EBR-like mk18 CQBR :D.

DSC_0161.jpg

Why accidental ?

Well story is simple. I just thought about being bored enough looking at this sad, black Magpul body, and decided to repaint it. First attempt was a disaster in terms of color, and I had to choose what to do. There were two options. Match another color similar to Magpul DE, or make it anodized. I chose color from NCS color chart, and it's almost ideal match for DE - its number is S 6010-Y10R (for those interested). And within next few days I should be informed about costs of anodizing. Anyway the side effect of the situation is, the more I looked at this bare body, the more I liked it :D. If anodizig costs appear to high, I'm not sure if I really want to paint it DE, and there is temptation to leave it, as it is ;).

What You think

Hi folks...

I wasn't sure what category it fits most ;).

Let me introduce You to my new, completely accidental idea of EBR-like mk18 CQBR :D.

Why accidental ?

Well story is simple. I just thought about being bored enough looking at this sad, black Magpul body, and decided to repaint it. First attempt was a disaster in terms of color, and I had to choose what to do. There were two options. Match another color similar to Magpul DE, or make it anodized. I chose color from NCS color chart, and it's almost ideal match for DE - its number is S 6010-Y10R (for those interested). And within next few days I should be informed about costs of anodizing. Anyway the side effect of the situation is, the more I looked at this bare body, the more I liked it :D. If anodizig costs appear to high, I'm not sure if I really want to paint it DE, and there is temptation to leave it, as it is ;).

What You think

Chrome it!

• Like 1

Chrome it!

Awww, to radical. I don't like shiny guns anyway :D.

The fun part is that using proper chemicals to remove paint, I can actually do it whatever I can, and switch between color and bare aluminium easily, so it opens many possibilities.

BTW - any ideas how to remove fake pins, without risk of damaging body ?

Awww, to radical. I don't like shiny guns anyway :D.

The fun part is that using proper chemicals to remove paint, I can actually do it whatever I can, and switch between color and bare aluminium easily, so it opens many possibilities.

BTW - any ideas how to remove fake pins, without risk of damaging body ?

I usually tap them out from the inside. I haven't had any issues or problems getting them out

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=35516

That's where I bought it. I'm not sure if you can find it anywhere else, my searches for one have only led me to the million dollar nineball barrel, and the madbull barrel with the extended innner.

It's alright, the barrel isn't one piece, the actual threaded piece screws into the barrel. The finish of paint was terrible, too. I had to repaint mine. But hey, it's the cheapest solution for a threaded barrel on a 1911 right now. If you're going to get the barrel from Evike, get another product you need, they ship it via USPS even though they charge you for UPS.

Ask away! I hate when I'm googling airsoft related items and I always find the questions I need without any answers. Let's set up any future searchers up for success.

Edited by mrcheetos

Not the best retailer. I've never had any trouble with the two times that I've ordered items from them, but other players locally have.

It's a risk. If you can find the Madbull barrel at a store in your country, I would recommend going with that one. I've always loved Madbull products because of their high quality, and I don't doubt the threaded barrel is any less.

This thread needs mo' Tan...

post-75687-0-88689400-1325816228_thumb.jpg

I'll hope to get some more detailed shots ASAP I'm getting an EOTech sooner or later. I did buy a small "Q-dot" from EBB but it was DOA, so they refunded me and its been in my cubbard ever since..

I've got a couple more ARs I'll get photo'd too!

Edited by MovementUnderDarkness

Thanks mate! I will look into it, how do you rate Evike? I have eard real horror stories about them when shipping abroad... at least I can pay through paypal...

Depends on where you're from, if you live on the continental US then they're pretty good. Though I still don't understand their 3-5 day processing time for orders. I used to work at a warehouse once and we'd have to compile orders with 100-200 items each order, and we did a lot of orders each day. I don't understand how they take so long to send out a couple of items per order. The processing and shipping times are usually a lot longer then foreign companies such as ehobbyasia, redwolf, etc.

The bad part is if you don't live within the continental US, they'll LITERALLY rip you off. My first order with them had a shipping charge of $66.84, when the package arrived the shipping charge printed was only $26.36. I demanded a refund for the difference and they did which made me happy so it wasn't an issue. I placed another order with them a little later (expecting them to either not nickle and dime me or to at least refund me again) the shipping charge was $50.95, this time they used stamps.com instead of usps.com, the reason? Stamps.com does not tell the receiver the shipping charges. When I checked on USPS.com for a quote using the size measurements and weight on the stamps.com label? Less then $20. Though now I no longer have proof that they overcharged me and I was *suitcase* out of luck.

I've learned that it's better to go with foreign companies over any US based stores. The shipping is usually cheaper (as weird as that sounds), the processing on average is only 1 day (at max 2), and it gets to me quicker (shipping speed). Plus foreign shops usually send it express mail, which USPS delivers first thing early in the morning.

Though back on topic, Mrcheetos those guns are sick, love the 1911 as well.