AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Thanks for the kind words ^^

huntER_HuntED: I agree I could add a recoil pad to the left one. Ill sure buy one when I see one...

Isamu: I dont have the guts to paint so expensive guns :P The left one has seen quite alot of action, but it just doesn't seem to show it...

MRF: Thanks! The left one is based on seal rifle and the right one on ranger.

IMG_5073.jpg

Systema ptw modded by Tac with DD rail, magpul covers, surefire scoutlight, t1 and arms flip up rear and fcc custom pmags (what looks like tape on the vfg is heatshrink)

AWS Raptor based colt m4 with ARMS 58cv mod rail, eotech 512, arms flip up sights, vltor repro gas block, magpul stock, grip and vfg, surefire m2 centurion in dd mount

:)

Edited by colonel_kipper

Thanks for the kind words ^^

Isamu: I dont have the guts to paint so expensive guns :P The left one has seen quite alot of action, but it just doesn't seem to show it...

Thats unfortunate mate! I allways thought paint and use give our toys that "realism" touch we all pursue :)

Infinity' timestamp='1326146322' post='2514198']

Nice rifles! I reckon the raptor build performs quite well, but I'm wondering how much of a difference it makes, compared to a standard aeg build.

Does it get your closer to the snappy action of the ptw? Which one do you rather play with? ;)

Thanks mate - the raptor is a real game-changer, furnishes a decent gearbox with (almost) responsiveness on semi of the systema. I tend to play at sites where semi is preferred so both of my rifles are built around that. Anther useful function is programmable burst which is what I have instead of auto on the little M4. My brother runs a systema revolution gearbox and the raptor is a short step behind that and the PTW.

Hmmm, I'd rather play with the systema at high fps or fibua - it's so consistent, has a much nicer trigger pull and superbly fast semi - but the little M4 has the advantage of high caps and a true 10.5 inch barrel with almost the same speed on semi. More of a woodland or pure cqb gun. I could maybe upload a video comparing the PTW, the revolution and a raptor gearbox at some point...?

Cheers

What's the idea behind the two lights?

One is none; two is one.

For redundancy, do you mean?

Yes, if you want to call it that way. :)

Something I have often seen on various "race gun" platforms.

The above and you can also put one of the coloured SF rubber filters onto one of the torches, that way you have white light on a pressure pad for use while shooting/skirming in the dark and a filtered colour (red/blue work best) for personal lighting while moving around in the dark. The coloured filters tint and reduce the light meaning it can't be seen from a distance as easily/isn't as obvious and they also don't kill your natural nightvision as much as whitelight.

Works well.

My Larue in a Race Gun mode:

...snip...

I'm curious what you mean by "Race Gun Mode"? The current race style sweeping the US right now is 3-Gun Competitions (pistol, shotgun, long-gun), wherein most participants use an AR variant for their long gun. Is it supposed to fill a role similar to that of the AR's in the 3-Gun style competitions?

I'm curious what you mean by "Race Gun Mode"? The current race style sweeping the US right now is 3-Gun Competitions (pistol, shotgun, long-gun), wherein most participants use an AR variant for their long gun. Is it supposed to fill a role similar to that of the AR's in the 3-Gun style competitions?

Nope, it is just in order to imitate an AR from this kind of competition.

Agent Hulk >> you can find it at ebairsoft. $75 irc.

A bit better pics, with daylight.

I don't have tripod, and serious room limitations, so it won't be much better than this - at least it doesn't scare like the one above ;).

DSC_0270.jpgDSC_0269.jpg

Edited by MRF
  • Like 1