AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

I like!

What Scope?

It's a pretty cheap vision king 1.5-5x26mm illuminated scope from RSOV. The mount is a copy of the la rue tactical SPR-1.5 mount.

That thing looks *fruitcage* bat*suitcase* crazy levels of awesome.

Thanks very much. It's the first of a pair! I'm just waiting for the bits to arrive from JD Airsoft.

Ummm, hows the selector switch. Getting the left and right parts for my VFC SR15.

Read my review here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/201759-avalon-bcm4-145/

The selector isn't available for sale standalone. At least not yet. Only the charging handle and anti-rotation links are available so far.

I'm curious about the recievers as well. It looks like you have a King Arms Troy lower and a G&P Vltor upper? I have a King arms reciever and I'm curious to find out what brands are compatible with each other.

I got the receivers and gearbox in a deal of another forum. To the best of my knowledge it's a complete G&P set.

I was actually surprised at how easy it all went together. Never normally happens like that ;)

I'm curious about the recievers as well. It looks like you have a King Arms Troy lower and a G&P Vltor upper? I have a King arms reciever and I'm curious to find out what brands are compatible with each other.

G&P do a Troy lower as well; It came with their factory M7A1 and an MUR-1, and I've seen the receiver set available separately I believe. King Arms receivers are definitely not compatible with G&P however - The fake bolt catch system means the receivers are quite different.

Am I right in thinking VFC and King Arms are quite similar? It's been a while since I had my King Arms, but I'd guess someone on here can quickly confirm or deny that.

My two hunble offerings:

Nice guns man; Don't suppose you've got the name of or a link to the gas block on the 2nd AR? I've got a railed gas block on my middy MOE upper, but it's the annoying kind where the upper rail is lower than the receiver rail, so currently I can't have useable BUIS on it.

My 4 year old Gen. 1 KWA M4A1. Recently dropped in a new 2GX gearbox, hop up, and bucking. I'm currently running very tiny 7.4v 900mah - 1300mah lipoly's. Any recommendation's for lipo's for the PEQ15??

G&P Eotech 552

Matrix PEQ-15

Replica BUIS

Echo 1 RIS

Echo 1 Rail Covers

G&G Vertical Grip

509mm (m16) 6.03mm tightbore

Replica Suppressor/ inner barrel extension (completely fake..)

Not pictured:

Echo 1 M203 barrel mounted.

Sorry for the crappy photos..

photo8-1.jpg

photo7.jpg