AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Not as good as Aimpoint, the auto brightness is useless in pitch black environment, and the full-bright will just blind you at that point....one of the reason why I opted to get tritium BUIS...otherwise I'd have no sight in the dark. I'd get the T1 if you have the money for that instead...

It looks cool though...lol

Only the receiver bits. RIS is King Arms, outer barrel is Prime, internal bits are TAF, its using a ProWin hop-up right now.

This was just a re-furnishing the black build I had before, as the black color Magpul stuff got onto the AK, the FDE bits are now used on the AR...

The RIS is proving to be the hardest to source for me.

I bought one from ebay last year, ACM, dirt cheap, and that's about the best thing I can say about it, currently serving as a paper weight on my office desk :rolleyes:

Edited by bladerunner168

Thanks for the link, actually looking for the 9" version and also, will have that IA LaRue in your possession once I have the funds :D

Anyways, back to pics................

I'm not entirely sure if this goes here but here is my VFC Robinson Arms XCR.

Pretty happy with the externals, this is the only RIF I've had where I feel a silencer is an actual must.

Internals are way from sorted though.....

raxcr1.jpg

It came with 3 rail segments, I just currently have no need for them so I left them off.

Prefer the look of the VTAC ones myself. Lame thing is they dont make a 13'' airsoft version so if I wanted to go with one on a 14.5 upper I'd have to settle for 11'' or one of the Troy ones.

EDIT.

It was really simple once I got the old delta ring off. Madbull one threaed right on. I used an Armoer's wrench to get the old one off though.

Edited by Agent Hunk

It came with 3 rail segments, I just currently have no need for them so I left them off.

Prefer the look of the VTAC ones myself. Lame thing is they dont make a 13'' airsoft version so if I wanted to go with one on a 14.5 upper I'd have to settle for 11'' or one of the Troy ones.

EDIT.

It was really simple once I got the old delta ring off. Madbull one threaed right on. I used an Armoer's wrench to get the old one off though.

I always thought the 11" looked really nice with a 14.5" barrel. Loved mine when I had it.

IMG_1772.jpg

KWA SR-7

Madbull VTAC 9'' extreme battle rail

AMP Compact Red dot

ACM DD Fixed sights

VTAC 2 Point

100% chance of it getting painted. Maybe a white light for the 12 o'clock rail.

Looks great Hunk, but a question, what is that long cap in front of the reddot? somekind of protection? is it sold separatly?