AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

I wonder why don't RS companies sell licenses directly to asg manufacturers more often. Actually Madbull is the only company I can point out, which aquired licenses that way and it seems to work quite well about quality of airsoft parts, while it seems middleman companies like CG don't give a damn about it.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

I wonder why don't RS companies sell licenses directly to asg manufacturers more often. Actually Madbull is the only company I can point out, which aquired licenses that way and it seems to work quite well about quality of airsoft parts, while it seems middleman companies like CG don't give a damn about it.

Lots of guns are now coming fully licensed. One of the big "take aways" from Shot Show 2012 was that manufactures are now going for licensing agreements with the RS counterparts. Leading this is Umarex for the most part...

Nice.

I'd hit the steel bits with some rust remover.

Which brand is that silencer? I'd like one cheap enough to paint.

Cheers dude - I do need to get some decent rust remover, I just keep forgetting to get round to it. At the moment I'm just giving the steel bits a good going over with a cloth and silicone oil between games. As for the silencer, I'm not too sure - I was given it free by a friend. It came with a 14mm- hider, and going on the trades and build of it my guess is VFC. It does also fit on the G&P hider I've got on there, so it could be G&P 'n all.

Like Agent Hunk said, the ICS is ancient doesn't look nearly as nice as hwagan's. I'm certain it's not.

I have an older VFC, it's certainly nice, but super pricey. I don't want to ruin the resale value by painting it. There were some newer ACM copies that looked similar to the VFC, so I was wondering if that was it, so I asked.

Now riddle me this... I see some Cybergun information on VFC's website, it appears they are having some of their guns lisenced from them. If CG owns SI and SI owns CA or somthing like that in another order, couldnt VFC get a lisence for some LWRC guns?

While Cybergun now owns Spartan Imports, SI has been largely left alone to continue on its path as it accesses a part of the market Cybergun is still unfamiliar with how to sell to.

SI does not now, nor has it ever owned CA. The two companies have close ties as manufacturer and exclusive distributor in some regions, and CA does consult with SI on a lot of matters but that's it.

CA's exclusive licensing agreement with LWRCi is entirely their own and has nothing to do with SI or Cybergun. IMO, CA has really dropped the ball and under utilized the LWRCi license, however until the license expires in 3-5 years (can't recall how much time was left on it), LWRCi's hands are tied. No other airsoft company can touch that copyright till then and unlike most exclusive contracts, it appears LWRCi can't get out of it even if they wanted to (many contracts allows the licensor to terminate the contract at any time).

While Cybergun now owns Spartan Imports, SI has been largely left alone to continue on its path as it accesses a part of the market Cybergun is still unfamiliar with how to sell to.

SI does not now, nor has it ever owned CA. The two companies have close ties as manufacturer and exclusive distributor in some regions, and CA does consult with SI on a lot of matters but that's it.

CA's exclusive licensing agreement with LWRCi is entirely their own and has nothing to do with SI or Cybergun. IMO, CA has really dropped the ball and under utilized the LWRCi license, however until the license expires in 3-5 years (can't recall how much time was left on it), LWRCi's hands are tied. No other airsoft company can touch that copyright till then and unlike most exclusive contracts, it appears LWRCi can't get out of it even if they wanted to (many contracts allows the licensor to terminate the contract at any time).

Ouch, thanks for clearing that up for me. CA should up the quality of their line and chase the LWRC guns. They sold out almost everywhere I can see... Makes me SAD to see all these new LWRC offerings at shotshow2012 and I know I wont be able to get an airsoft version :(

No LWRC and no Larue eithier .... :(

Would one of you know where I could find a front sight light rail? You know, the double kind one. I have found the triple kind one, but that's not the one I am interested in.

Would this one do?

http://www.taiwangun.com/parts-and-accesories/mounts/barrel-mount-for-laser-flash-light-all-aegs-p-j.html

Thanks for the compliments guys.

ian, that is absolutely stunning.

How do you like the polar star conversion?

I'm sold on it, I was afraid the hose would bug me but I really forgot about it right after I put it on...with quick disconnects and a slide check on the remote line, it only takes me half a second longer to remove my gun from me, so it doesnt feel like I'm tethered to the thing at all. I also have it set up to use 9 volt batteries, I love that I never have to charge a battery again. I've only skirmished with it once and havent really sat down and tinkered with the fusion engine settings, but I sold all my AEGs to get this and so far I have no reason to go back.