AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

6901984984_995159c5e6_b.jpg

6902019008_809958c5b8_b.jpg

My newest build. The switch that comes with that peq-15 certainly isn't going to stay, but I will have to work with it for now.

It has a AWS raptor inside, shoots around 420 FPS and is wired to the buffer tube.

Edited by Eizen
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

aznriptide859, Exactly that one, loving it!

Leon Kennedy You will like it, very lightweight and versatile gun

I'm building mine off a KWA. Here's a pic so far:

img5925l.jpg

I need a SCAR-L flashhider, Mk18 sights, a TD grip and that new stock. Also going to white-in the fire-selector modes.

• Like 1

On this way, it's easiest to flip it up. At least for me.

:)

I always thought the way you've mounted it is in fact the correct way to do it. Means that if you're pushing through an obstacle, like bushes or maybe a hole in the wall, your front sight wont get pushed down. I mean, I can see why seating it the other way would stop you maybe snapping it off against a harder surface, but it would just frustrate me having to constantly snap the front sight back up if it ever got knocked down.

A bush shouldn't knock your front sight down (at least not a decent quality sight).... And why would you be shoving your rifle through a hole that required you to blind fire, that's just wasted rounds. If you can't see your target you aren't likely to hit it.... and if you are so desperate that you'd do that, I don't think a front sight would help your shooting much.

Yeah fair point. I'm not entirely sure why I always thought of them the other way round. Oh well.

And by bush I don't mean light scrub or anything. We get some pretty mean foliage down here, and there have been a couple of times I've pushed through foliage I would have thought would fold a flip up sight. Might just be me being a little nuts :P

Edited by EngageNZL

You're not necessarily using it wrong, just not the way the sight was designed to be used. Plenty of RS shooters use irons back to front. It has no bearing on accuracy of your shot. The designers simply designed it a certain way.

In this situation you're not explicitly wrong for using it the way you are. It's a tool ... use it the way it works for you.

Hey guys... been sitting on this one for a while. Externals are done pending a few more xtm panels and better torch placement. Waiting on a reinforced gearbox to polish off the internals. Hopefully ready to go by the end of this month!

Started as a G&G GR16 five years ago. Only stock part left is the metal body tho that won't be the case next week. Runs off a rear wired lipo.

The photos and this post were done with my phone! Please excuse any duck ups.

img20120409172746edit0.jpg

img20120409173419edit0e.jpg

img20120409173124edit0.jpg

Cheers!

• Like 1