AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Hey guys! You're absolutely right about the torch. At this point, I have all but removed it. In four years of having a torch on my AEG, its only useful purpose for me has been to illuminate the paths to the fields. It was always on the opposite side at which point it only ever got in my way. I can't strobe it the way it is and I'm not terribly interested in a tape switch, but it works fine as a headlight :P

At some point I may invest in a real solution but of my couple flashlights and mounts, nothing has made me happy.

Anyone have any experience with a QD light mount that isn't bulky? Something that I can keep on me rather than something bulky like the ADM or LT mounts? I'm thinking along the lines of what the TNVC MURLM has.

Ill get ya the weight when my gearbox shell arrives. Take off a pound and a half without the Accupoint and RMR tho!

Cheers

I think you could use that light, if you just turned the mount "upside down", so that the light comes to lower corners, rather than upper ones.

Slu: Yeah there would be no problem using that with the GL. Thats why I was wondering, since its quite hard to operate any light with launcher attached.

if you play more outdoors, the light real isnt needed. i use my light all the time but i play indoors alot and its very usefull for blinding people.

outdoors ive never even used it

im ambi so i either use my tape switch with my thumb if im righty or unplug the switch and use the push button if i go lefty

P3291675.jpg

P3291674.jpg

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-fire-pig-type-metal-body-mur-sand

I wanted to buy this for such a long time but then I bought a MB Noveske rail and the thing was so off spec, it put me off the whole project.

Edited by bladerunner168

Yes it's G&P. And no, I don't believe a GBBR version was ever released. I believe the gen 2s (with the envraved trades and MUR) were released for a short period of time before Madbull got the rights for airsoft.

Lucky! Going by your previous builds, I'm sure it won't be anything short of brilliance.

I emailed 7+ retailers asking if they would be restocking and was told by the few that replied, that they wouldn't be available again. Managed to get one in Black from one HK retailer who had just acquired their last 2pcs. Refused to shell out $165 for a Madbull receiver.

Edited by bOp

Yes it's G&P. And no, I don't believe a GBBR version was ever released. I believe the gen 2s (with the envraved trades and MUR) were released for a short period of time before Madbull got the rights for airsoft.

Actually Madbull had the rights for a while, and long before that receiver came out. G&P simply didn't care at the time and I don't believe Madbull did anything about it. Now that G&P are OEM for some of Madbull's products (e.g. licensed Troy Polymer Mags), G&P are trying to play nice.

I didn't know they made them in tan. D=

Not my cup of tea, much prefer the finish on my black version.

Yep, the black version is very nice, but I've already built something with my black receiver:

e426ec91.jpg

....so, although the FDE is going to be a challenge, I promise to deliver something worthy of your eyes... :D

• Like 2

Looked better with the CTR, setting aside standard N4's :P. Is that an ACM/Green Label PMAG?

I vaguely remember the others I had where all differently numbered, whether uniquely serialised, not sure.

Always wondered, was there any wobble with the rail when you fitted it? Did you have to do some sort of DIY fix to tighten it or just screwed down nicely?

Edited by bOp

I was told in a retailer that the special G&P receivers (Magpul, Noveske etc.) are uniquely serial numbered.

They are - I can confirm the LMT lowers are, my MRP had a unique serial. Think it's just the standard M4A1 lower, and the white-traded ones that are standardised.