AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

I hope some, look forward to seeing what you can do with it.

Speaking of which I mixed my own up a little.

On another note I've always wondered are the engraved serial numbers unique to each receiver ?

Love it! And yes I believe they are uniquely serialized. Mine is 10649 which I'm sure is different from yours? I just added a Crusader Tech BAD style selector and took it for a field run over the weekend. Really a lot more rigid than the usual AEG selectors. Just wish they'd make em ambi :P

5ae1e656.jpg

Love it! And yes I believe they are uniquely serialized. Mine is 10649 which I'm sure is different from yours?

I was trying to tempt him into selling his Noveske to me, didn't work....

Noveske, what kind of Gearbox do you run in yours? Standard or modifed? What's the sticker type thing on the upper?

My receiver got posted out by TMC today (Love the way TMC photograph the items, and all packaged up for postage), 11048.

YP9kS.jpg

Edited by bOp

I was trying to tempt him into selling his Noveske to me, didn't work....

Noveske, what kind of Gearbox do you run in yours? Standard or modifed? What's the sticker type thing on the upper?

My receiver got posted out by TMC today (Love the way TMC photograph the items, and all packaged up for postage), 11048.

Oh TMC still has them in stock?? Wow! Excellent! Waiting to see another great Noveske build. I run a custom built gearbox in my gun. Shell is a KA 8mm bearing with Prommy gears, piston, Modify Bore-up kit, AWS Raptor, M110 Spring and a mix of other parts. Motor is a GP120. Runs at about 360FPS with 0.25g (1.5J or so). No crazy specs or trying to break any barriers with this gun but mostly built for reliability. Inner barrel is a KM 6.04 with a Prowin Hop Chamber. Sticker thing is a barcode I use to keep track of my gun build history (like what's inside/modified). I have way too many builds to remember what I've put in each.

Yeah, well, they had just got two in as I was speaking with them, so one left now :P

Nice spec, awesome build! How are you finding the Prowin Chamber? Ah, clever - I assume you can scan that on field with a Camera Phone and the like?

In keeping with the thread, my old humble Noveske build, which I had split and sold, and I'm going to rebuild again, with a few alterations.

pVkVA.jpg

sTHbJ.jpg

Edited by bOp
  • Like 1

Yeah, well, they had just got two in as I was speaking with them, so one left now :P

Nice spec, awesome build! How are you finding the Prowin Chamber? Ah, clever - I assume you can scan that on field with a Camera Phone and the like?

In keeping with the thread, my old humble Noveske build, which I had split and sold, and I'm going to rebuild again, with a few alterations.

Prowin chamber had massive airleak when I first got it, but after fixing the leak, it works great! It's a very stable hop up chamber due to the design. There's no tension spring to keep the hop up arm up, so I reckon that helps lock the hop up position in to place.

I like how everyone's showing their Noveske builds! Keep them coming guys!

The questions was more directed to bladerunner than you but I can see how it seemed the other way around. Any RS customer buying an airsoft rail for their rifle to save money deserve whats coming to them, ie blown of hands and fngers. Not to mention the MB stuff doesnt have gas block holes etc. I doubt it is on purpose.

• Like 1

What are you guys basing this on that they are off spec on purpose by some agreement with DD ? I can't see that being the case to be honest.

And if you think putting airsoft gear on a real gun sounds like a good idea, I hope you never get a real gun.

How about this for starters; Weaker materials, lower precision, less heat/wear/tear/recoil resistant design/materials, worse fit and finish etc etc... I for one would not touch a RS rifle with airsoft parts on it, does not seem safe at all to me... I could imagine airsoft rails cracking under recoil stress and heat as my biggest concerns. And what happens when that rail fails and you lose control and grip of the gun, hope no one else is around...

The fact of the matter is that there is a reason why RS stuff is more expensive. They are made from better materials and are tested properly to hold up to the stress of being on an actual fire arm. Airsoft stuff is not. Hell even some airsoft specific stuff fails on GBBs just by the recoil alone (scopes anyone ?).

Edited by NonEx

My Element flashlight failed on my GBBR, too.

On the DD replicas the only notable difference is that there is no hole on the barrel nut for the gas tube. On other Madbull DD rails I seen other methods.

I would try contacting DD or Madbull but I don't think they would provide us informations about their licensing agreement.