AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Ah hello mk18 brother. How do you like that double switch?

I just bought a working peq and mini scout light for my mk18 . I already have a m3x so I might get that switch for another project and run both the peq and m3. As of now I don't really have room for the peq in the front cause it blocks my pressure switch

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Sorry to continue the brief derail, but does anyone use a RS Daniel Defence RIS II (the normal 12.5" carbine length one)? I want one in the UK but don't want to pay more in pounds than it costs in dollars...

Your best chance is to buy them at list price plus shipping. I got someone in the states that's been shipping optics and magpuls to me but he'll only do it if you buy @ list price (so he can get his 'cut' for taking the ITAR risk). I'll ask him about the rails if you're interested.

Friendly note for DHS agent: No, i'm not a terrorist, i'm just a toy collector......Don't waste tax payer money to come after me......

I just bought a working peq and mini scout light for my mk18 . I already have a m3x so I might get that switch for another project and run both the peq and m3. As of now I don't really have room for the peq in the front cause it blocks my pressure switch

Double switch works fine around the house. I haven't actually used it in the field, though, as I'm away from home for the summer and haven't found a place to play nearby.

I had a double switch setup on my MK18 and it was great, especially since both buttons are right there together for you.

Your best chance is to buy them at list price plus shipping. I got someone in the states that's been shipping optics and magpuls to me but he'll only do it if you buy @ list price (so he can get his 'cut' for taking the ITAR risk). I'll ask him about the rails if you're interested.

Friendly note for DHS agent: No, i'm not a terrorist, i'm just a toy collector......Don't waste tax payer money to come after me......

Puresilver isn't the only one interested, I certainly am as well lol

validtumoralarm, thank you for that picture. I've been trying to picture a T-1 w/ LT660 for awhile as I'm not really feeling the 553.

Yeah, the 553 just feels like more weight than it's worth and it'll always look funny unless you buy a real one. I'm keeping my 553 for my Mk.17 as I don't plan on getting a SpecterDR (don't like those), but the Mk.18 will have the T-1 from now on. There are pictures of them being used, so I'm not concerned about that.

Since my T-1 is being stolen from the 14.5" upper, what optic should I toss on there now?

Yeah, the 553 just feels like more weight than it's worth and it'll always look funny unless you buy a real one. I'm keeping my 553 for my Mk.17 as I don't plan on getting a SpecterDR (don't like those), but the Mk.18 will have the T-1 from now on. There are pictures of them being used, so I'm not concerned about that.

Since my T-1 is being stolen from the 14.5" upper, what optic should I toss on there now?

You ever used one of the SpecterDR replicas? I was interested in getting one as I rather like the look of them on MK18s.

-Ex

You ever used one of the SpecterDR replicas? I was interested in getting one as I rather like the look of them on MK18s.

-Ex

They are heavy beasts. I find that they tend to raise the centre of gravity a lot, so that your rifle has a tendency to want to flop over to the left or the right. I'm sure it's something you'd get used to, but it's quite noticeable if you've been using something lighter.

• Like 1

VFC Mk18

I moved a bunch of parts over from a different gun and added some brand new rail covers. Not sure what I'll end up doing with this cosmetically. For starters the Gear Sector handstop/mount and rail covers will be painted to match the stock and T1.

Mk18.jpg

I most certainly am. YGPM.

I just passed the details, he'll need around a week to find 'good ones' new in box and well below the RRP to make a profit. He accepts paypal and will list the actual item on ebay if he could find one. That's how we..... collaborated in the past.... (i'll drop you PM if he finds one. )

Btw, the parts i ordered for my inok just arrived, yay!~~

post-20019-0-62041300-1337554686_thumb.jpg

Edited by amblin83
  • Like 1