AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

I like what you've done with it.

was wondering if you would recognize it :D

I can't tell if the stock's tilted and the suppressor's not on straight, you took the photo with a camera with a very slight fish-eye effect, or my eyes are wonky. Still, it's a nice gun - I particularly like how the front sight overhangs the suppressor.

Its just the camera angle making everything look kinda cattywompus

Got a quick question for you gents: can any of you point me in the direction of a 10+" rail for airsoft that is in FDE/Tan that is not a DD rail please? I am looking to build another upper and would like a tan colored rail. Much obliged! :D

I don;t know what it's supposed to be a a replica of, but I think this looks quite cool.

Link please?

WHAT?! Larue made FDE Rails? I think not!

Airsoft only:

larue%207%20RIS%20DE%20color.jpg

and its only a 7 inch so it definitely doesn't fit my criteria...

I don;t know what it's supposed to be a a replica of, but I think this looks quite cool.

Yea I just saw that, but I just can't bring myself to like it :P

PWS Diablo

Troy (I'm not sure if airsoft replica in FDE/tan/whatever exists) ? PWS (that's what I'm going to do) ? DD Lite Rail, or Omega or OmegaX ?

Not interested in DD ;) The nice thing about the Troy TRX is that they have some really long rails, but I donno, I'm just not crazy about how it looks. I know, I know, I'm picky :P

So the PWS MK112/Diablo/whatever is the only one right now that I'm really interested right now so I might be interested in that.

Does anyone else make the rail (in tan) that VFC has on their SR15?

So the PWS MK112/Diablo/whatever is the only one right now that I'm really interested right now so I might be interested in that.

I was telling Hwagan what was on Hunk's old rifle. Someone link me to that Larue.

Most of the time, VFC will sell parts to individuals. I've contacted them in the past for upper receivers and the likes.

-Ex

Yes.. most of the time. I've had quite the run-around with VFC before. They tend to ignore most of my emails. Then, once they told me to ask my local distributor (WGC) who was absolutely unwilling to help me out. Well the guy at WGC said oh yeah my colleague will contact VFC. A month later, still no feedback, so I took that back to VFC and told them, "Look, your distributor isn't doing their job..." So finally, they finally let me purchase from them directly. So I've come to kind of know one of the sales people relatively well, and she is helpful from time to time.

:punk: Damn you got some (EDIT:) good excellent *suitcase* Noveske! :yu:

Thanks. I can't wait till it's finished & accessorized.

Not interested in DD ;) The nice thing about the Troy TRX is that they have some really long rails, but I donno, I'm just not crazy about how it looks. I know, I know, I'm picky :P

I thought more about Troy MRF Battle Rails. They really caught my eye some time ago.

And one more thing - You are not picky - You just have clear and defined taste ;). You aren't the only one who wouldn't buy any rail ;).

Edited by MRF

I was telling Hwagan what was on Hunk's old rifle. Someone link me to that Larue.

Ah, I gotcha! The LaRue rail I saw here: http://www.ebairsoft.com/ar15-handguard-p-3179.html but its out of stock here. I would imagine that it should be at other HK/China shops as well.

I thought more about Troy MRF Battle Rails. They really caught my eye some time ago.

And one more thing - You are not picky - You just have clear and defined taste ;). You aren't the only one who wouldn't buy any rail ;).

The MRF is actually not bad, so far I have only seen the short Echo1 rail or the longer KA one but both I've only found on full rifles. Is the rail available standalone in tan? Does my googlefu suck that bad?

Good choice. The URX midlength in FDE. I don't think any retailer sells it standalone, so I'm asking my contact at VFC for you.

oh that would be awesome!!! :D That would definitely be my first choice and what I originally wanted to do but I gave up on that because I thought I would have a snowball's chance in hell to find someone selling that rail....