AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Jimmypie, which Dual Pressure Switch is that?

Also, how long are your thumbs?

-Ex

It's VFC complete set , much better quality than my previous element set.

I'm not really into placing stuff on a rifle that isn't functional , my hands are normal sized, look at the placement of the hand stop , that's where the web of my hand goes, if you need pictures of my mitts holding the rifle, to curb your curiosity , I shall oblige ;)

I have two mk18s , one is set internally for cqb / lower power games, the other set slightly higher and locked to semi auto for milsim games.

Daytona Gun M4

Compared to my P*, they really are two completely different guns. If you want to have a consistent shot every time, get a P* with an R Hop. The DG is much more entertaining to run around with, albeit much heavier due to the stainless steel internals. It feels great to have the response of the weapon firing, but with the added recoil you also get less accuracy. I can definitely say the P* is not nearly as finicky as the DG, which also has a much higher range of adaptability as well. I've noticed the placement of the air hose on the DG can get in the way at times, I've never really noticed the line on the P*. But at the end of the day, this thing is like a mini jackhammer, it is a joy to shoot, and peoples faces when they hear/see it firing is priceless. Word to the wise, Loctite EVERYTHING.

13caf8f0.jpg

d4cfb123.jpg

bef09337.jpg

Bolt pulled back. The bolt catch is functional, and in a month or two, it will work on the last round with standard AEG magazines. They take RS buffer springs, to adjust the FPS for different ranges, you just have to cut down the spring until you reach the desired FPS. With this also, the more you cut the spring, the less recoil you will have. I can't imagine the recoil at 550 FPS, because at 400 FPS right now, it's a handful.

8280d0ff.jpg

Going to keep the P* as a DMR at 550 FPS, just need to get a PRS stock for it now.

3236bc4d.jpg

Video of my DG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zGcW6QX6Y8&list=UU-EGZlhoot9WKy5VPsESaoQ&index=1&feature=plcp

• Like 3

My first new M4 variant in a very long while:

MRP7.JPG

MRP1.JPG

While I love my MK18s, it's nice to put whatever I want on a gun without trying to replicate anything. I actually ordered a replica G23 magnifier and received this one--should I make a fuss or just keep it?

MRP5.JPGMRP4.JPG

• Like 1

I like em. I've wanted to try some ever since they came out--the matched profile with rail panels is a very good idea. The VFG is tiny, but I've always (even pre-Costa) held mine diagonally and it's just big enough to do the job. Not that I ever had any problems with the old broomhandles getting in my way.

Mine are fakes though--the handstop is TSC and the VFG is mystery ACM. Both are nicer than they looked in the photos.

I'll probably switch the fake Tango Down covers with some SCAR panels, and get an Element Scoutlight with the corresponding Gear Sector mount.

It is. Its great when I pull of an 8 round burst right behind someone. Its like a Thunder B wen't off, it scares some people. I need about a 1" shorter barrel to fully maximize the Fire Pig, I was expecting the Outer Barrel to be 10.5" not 9.5". Oh well, it makes it sit more flush though.

Pretty good. The buttons protrude a little too far and are sensitive so putting the included cove on the sight results in turning it on. The ghosting is minor and only noticeable in very low light. As ACM Eotechs go this is the best one I've used so far.

Already sold most of my AEG builds so i could concentrate the resource on few of my primary skirmish GBB rifles..

_DSC0250.jpg

-------------------------------------

_DSC0251.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------

_DSC0249.jpg

-----------------------------------------

The KSC MP9 is a more recent purchase. Japan version and i'm loving it.

_DSC0247.jpg

• Like 3

Indeed. I'm still struggling to appreciate the look of the UBR but it's one of the most comfortable and solid stocks i've used. And it improves if you look at the full picture. :D

It's better with the compartment covers removed but since i installed counter weights inside to improve the front heavy balance so i had no choice..

_DSC0253.jpg

• Like 3