AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

If you're the kind of shooter who likes to have irons up at all times, even through an optic, the FSP rail cutouts make a lot of sense as at least that way you still have real estate for attachments forward of the FSP. I know quite a few shooters who keep their irons up. It's not for me though.

I hate FSP cutouts, but the rail itself looks alright. Be a lot prettier if it was a 9" and not with a big triangle sticking out of it.

There are also variants for low profile gas block.

Here's my AR-15 Variant!

Base Gun:

Inokatsu 2011 M4-A1

Internals:

RA-Tech Hop-Up and Inner Barrel

Real DPMS Buffer

Real DPMS Carbine Buffer Spring

Real DPMS Forward Assist (Factory doesn't function!)

Inokatsu 2011 Super Bolt

Inokatsu 2011 Factory Lower Parts (Trigger, Hammer, Selector)

Pro Win 150% Hammer Spring

Externals:

Inokatsu 2011 Upper & Lower (Everything's factory except the items listed below)

Real LMT Sopmod Gen 2

Real Magpul ASAP + MS2 Sling

Real RRA Side Sling Mount

Real Eotech 553.A65

Real Surefire M951 w/ IR Filter

Real KAC Foregrip

Real Colt A2 Flash Hider

Real DPMS Crush Washer (Factory Inok Crush Washer cracked)

Real Magpul MBUS

Matrix (Evike.com) Peq15 Laser & Light (Don't think I'm gonna buy the real one...)

gun-11.jpg

gun-8.jpg

gun-10.jpg

gun-13.jpg

gun-12.jpg

Shoots on Green Gas and bolt locks back! (~ 30 rounds though with the Real Carbine Buffer Spring and Buffer) The ROF is ~ 950 RPM, and it's ridiculous how hard I have to pull back on the Charging Handle!

And here's a project I'm currently Working on...

gun-15.jpg

gun-14.jpg

That project is going to be based on a 2009 Inokatsu M4A1 with custom Internals (a la GGi's Madhellsing) That's a real Colt M4 Upper Receiver. Gonna get the lower receiver re-anodized to the same type!

Edited by Finbarqs
  • Like 4

Here's my AR-15 Variant!

Base Gun:

Inokatsu 2011 M4-A1

Internals:

RA-Tech Hop-Up and Inner Barrel

Real DPMS Buffer

Real DPMS Carbine Buffer Spring

Real DPMS Forward Assist (Factory doesn't function!)

Inokatsu 2011 Super Bolt

Inokatsu 2011 Factory Lower Parts (Trigger, Hammer, Selector)

Pro Win 150% Hammer Spring

.... Color me amazed! How in the heck did you get the Inokatsu over here? I was under the impression they were restricted from being imported to the US. Also, pulling back on the charging handle, is it basically as hard as it is with real-steel? Awesome setup! :D

.... Color me amazed! How in the heck did you get the Inokatsu over here? I was under the impression they were restricted from being imported to the US. Also, pulling back on the charging handle, is it basically as hard as it is with real-steel? Awesome setup! :D

yeah basically it is like pulling back on a real AR-15. Can't do single finger pulls anymore, unless you wanna hurt your finger! And my first ino (2009) I purchased off a someone who already had one here in the states (from San Fran actually!) Then I decided to get the 2011 on a chance through ehobby since they said they were going to refund me if it gets seized! And 5 days later, I had a brand new shiny 2011 shipped to CA!

Edited by Finbarqs

Finbarqs:

Nice carbine. I'm surprised the AR15 forward assist fits into your Inokatsu upper? The dimensions of the airsoft and firearm forward assist, at least for WAM4/Prime, differ.

beta08:

For airsoft flashhider timing, I actually have a pack of 1/2" ID 5/8" OD orings that I like to use with a washer, instead of stacking shims which is very annoying. Since exact torque is not important, I hand tighten until solid. No shims to worry about. About $2 for a pack of 100.

Edited by slu

Finbarqs:

Nice carbine. I'm surprised the AR15 forward assist fits into your Inokatsu upper? The dimensions of the airsoft and firearm forward assist, at least for WAM4/Prime, differ.

beta08:

For airsoft flashhider timing, I actually have a pack of 1/2" ID 5/8" OD orings that I like to use with a washer, instead of stacking shims which is very annoying. Since exact torque is not important, I hand tighten until solid. No shims to worry about. About $2 for a pack of 100.

Slu, it's like the easiest thing in the world lol. Especially the DPMS forward assist. No shaving or anything. Perfect fit!