AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

I think I'll consider this done now. I'm not sure how I feel about the CTR, though. It saves weight but now the gun feels a bit front-heavy.

Here it is mocked up as a big boy rifle. All I need is the proper length barrel.

CTR looks spot on, but upto you I guess if it's not cutting the mustard

Edited by crackisbad
pic removed
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

STR might be a decent compromise, might help make it look more block II with the storage compartments and such compared to a standard CTR and it'll be a bit heavier. Nice builds though, and where did you get the OPMOD traded eotech?

Interested in the OPMODS aswell, hopefully with the magnifier and mount please :)
Danny, the teflon coated no idea how expensive is, i've bought them already finished.

The prime lowers are perfect, no modification required.

Can they be bought from a retailer already coated then?

Good news about the prime lowers, may well have to order me one of them...if I can find it in stock. Gears rumours they have ceased production

Good news about the prime lowers, may well have to order me one of them...if I can find it in stock. Gears rumours they have ceased production

Teflon anodizing is not any more expensive than regular anodizing. In terms of AR15 firearms, some less tacticool brands choose to type 2 anodize + teflon (DPMS is one brand I can think of) instead of type 3 milspec anodization. It just makes the surface shinier and technically smoother, but it should not effect function in a properly lubricated gun, airsoft or otherwise.

In fact suspect that the all Prime receivers are anodized + teflon straight from the factory: they are smoother and shinier than mil-spec uppers.

No, from what i know. It was an US company that made this hard coating, method also for real firearms. i will ask the guy and give you a pm.