AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

No, from what i know. It was an US company that made this hard coating, method also for real firearms. i will ask the guy and give you a pm.

Cheers buddy. Wanted the prime lower and maybe the systema upper anodised so that they are the same finish.

I've seen your other rifles Mugur on zeroin and each one looks lovely. I believe that the majority of your uppers are systema that have been anodised are they not?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Cheers buddy. Wanted the prime lower and maybe the systema upper anodised so that they are the same finish.

I've seen your other rifles Mugur on zeroin and each one looks lovely. I believe that the majority of your uppers are systema that have been anodised are they not?

yes, they are.

thank you for your nice words.

I dunno Leon, if you just had a white desklamp ( LED), the location looks fine, just need to add a touch more lighting ( or slower shutter speed)

I was referring to the boring table, not the surprisingly bright yellowness of the wood. :)

KWA LM4 ...

kwalm4ptrdonesm.jpg

* KWA LM4 Base Gun

* RS Midwest Industries 12" Gen 2 SS-Series Rail

* RS CQD Front sling mount (not pictured, on opposite side of the rail)

* RS LaRue Handstop and rail index clips

* RS Magpul MIAD with F4 front strap with integrated triggerguard

* RS Magpul CTR with enhanced buttpad

* RS Magpul ASAP (modified to fit)

* RS Magpul BAD Lever (modified to fit)

* RS Magpul Rail Ladder

* RS KAC Ambi-Selector plate

* RS KAC Micro BUIS

* RS Surefire M300A with SF Tape switch and HSP Dropwing Mount

* RS Aimpoint Micro T-1 (4MOA) with LaRue lower 1/3 co-witness mount

* RS Yankee Hill Machine Low Profile Gas Block

* DYTac SF MB556 MuzzleBrake

* VFC BCM Gunfighter charging handle latch

Gonna install the Guarder Steel mag release and Steel trigger this evening.

• Like 4

Thanks! I'm really quite impressed with the MI rails. Especially the competitive price : cheaper than all their competitors, and just a little more expensive than Madbull's licensed rails. Also, this is hands down the slimmest rail I've handled so far. Thinner than even VTAC/Troy Battlerails.

Very much so. We've been running them pretty hard for a few months now and they're all stock internally. Not had any issues so far. It's actually convinced a few of my friends who have been holding out on getting GBBRs to get on the LM4 bus. There are a few GBBR options out there. This is one good to go right out of the box.

* RS Midwest Industries 12" Gen 2 SS-Series Rail

Very Nice rifle!

Its also nice to see someone else using a different rail rather than the usual flair.

Seeing your build & comments about the LM4 is hasting my decision on dropping the coin for a Magpul Edition KWA.

Nope, 15" Custom machined barrel. DocV cut it down expertly.

It's a G&P WOC M16A1 that has been retro-fitted to an M605, they did indeed have them in 'nam, although not for long because they were terrible :P Mine is based on a picture taken of a seal armoury in 'nam which featured an M16A1 with that scope and a M605, so it's not too much of a stretch to imagine they put one on the other.

It needs a little work, I want a blank anodized rather than painted receiver, but finding blank A1 colt-grey prime receivers is hard as I want to redo the trades to be accurate. And it needs some 'nam era furniture from the 'states but I'll source that in due course.

An M605, how delicious. I was thinking of building one as I have a soft spot for vintage AR variants. How did you cut the barrel down and re-thread it?

On another note, a little update on my M733:

DSC00153z.jpg

I had gotten my hands on some paracord and decided to play around with it. Added a front grip similar to those MAC-10 straps; it works fairly well if you put your fingers through the loop and pull back while holding the hand guard, sort of like an magpul AVG.

• Like 1