AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

An M605, how delicious. I was thinking of building one as I have a soft spot for vintage AR variants. How did you cut the barrel down and re-thread it?

I sent it off to DocV on these forums and had him machine it down on a lathe. It's made of good quality steel and DocV's work is fantastic quality. The foresight was dremelled to remove the bayonet lug and later as BaBaBoey pointed out the wrong casting line was removed with a dremel. I refinished to the beveled finish on the FSP bayonet lug.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Wingman-I'm sorry but I just threw up in my mouth. I guess i just think barrels fore grips should be no more than a few inches in differences unless its a std m4

Heheh, that's ok. In fact my original idea was to make a 9.5" upper. The external barrel can be unscrewed at the point where it changes thickness, and the silencer can be put there, but I wanted the external barrel to be exactly as long as the Lite 7" rail, so I'll have to machine it. Then the external barrel won't be even seen, and you'll be happier I guess ;)

HUGE PIC TIME! :D :D :D

Okay, so it's a M16A3 upper on a Sentry Lower (both G&Ps). The Sentry's not mine but I used it since my M16A3's scattered all over a locker in pieces (still upgrading it!) and I'm testing out the function of both the EOTECH 552, LaRue BUIS and the LaRue EOTECH Riser. Yes, I'm on a LaRue craze right now when it probably died some 5-6 years ago, but I haven't seen ANYONE use 1/3 lower co-witness setups and I doubt there's a lot of people in Hong Kong that even know WHAT a 1/3 lower co-witness means.

Anyway, I adjusted the ACM 552 to sit on top of the front sight post and then I took a series of pics :P Didn't see a 'post your optics!' thread so I might as well spam everyone here because I can :D

co-wit.jpg

I highly suggest downloading the full sized pic to see the optic clearly :P Basically the pics show that even for the somewhat crappy ACM optics you CAN get the 1/3 lower co-witness to work :P It's actually pretty nice too; raise my head and the BUIS don't get in the way at all and I can see the dot clearly, and if I ever want to use the irons I can quickly lower my head and voila! Co-witnessed dot! (not that I NEED to look through the irons and the dot at the same time :P)

Anyway, quick note to those who are looking into getting an EOTECH 552, the adjustment dials do work, but adjusting the elevation will also shift the dot slight to the side as well (forgot if left or right) due to the way the replica is designed. So I suggest adjusting for elevation first before adjusting the left/right dial to get it to center on your groupings.

Edited by intinerious

KWA LM4 ...

kwalm4ptrdonesm.jpg

* KWA LM4 Base Gun

* RS Midwest Industries 12" Gen 2 SS-Series Rail

* RS CQD Front sling mount (not pictured, on opposite side of the rail)

* RS LaRue Handstop and rail index clips

* RS Magpul MIAD with F4 front strap with integrated triggerguard

* RS Magpul CTR with enhanced buttpad

* RS Magpul ASAP (modified to fit)

* RS Magpul BAD Lever (modified to fit)

* RS Magpul Rail Ladder

* RS KAC Ambi-Selector plate

* RS KAC Micro BUIS

* RS Surefire M300A with SF Tape switch and HSP Dropwing Mount

* RS Aimpoint Micro T-1 (4MOA) with LaRue lower 1/3 co-witness mount

* RS Yankee Hill Machine Low Profile Gas Block

* DYTac SF MB556 MuzzleBrake

* VFC BCM Gunfighter charging handle latch

Gonna install the Guarder Steel mag release and Steel trigger this evening.

Yeah man. I really like this set up. I keep coming back to it. You have inspired me to copy you. Hope you don't mind. I change uppers so often.......I need to stop coming on these forums.

Probably You're right, but still RS RIS, and as I recall King Arms copy have opening on the front, and to be more specific that's what I meant ;).

Anyway this edition is not accurate.

Welcome to airsoft. Moving from "realism" to "paintball-like" sport. I understand that it's just a replica, but I guess that's the division between pricier brands and cost-effective ones. Theres a few things in airsoft I won't compromise on.

Now that is the lighter side of airsoft, awesome. Managing to pack a full set of BUIS, an EoTech and a magnifier on to there is no mean feat at all.

Hard to tell sometimes whether these optics are real or chinese; doesn't matter either way they look very good indeed.

New Socom Gear / G&P M7A1...

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/551251_504578516226190_1641001558_n.jpg

...but where is space for gas tube ?

There's a gas block in there but probably no gas tube. The space needed for a gas tube is usually at the rear of the rail where the gas tube bends up. I think the method they used on the Noveske rails was far better for the airsoft consumer.

Assuming that the AS version would be identical, the RS MRF rail has a very tight ID. The low profile gas block fits perfectly in the allowed space and that the gas tube is tucked in up top. You can't even see the tube at all from the sides, only from the top. I have one installed on my G&P Troy Carbine.

I'll take a pic of my rifle when I get a moment today and post it up.