AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

0e62e752.jpg

G&P Base gun

Magpul Body, MIAD, UBR stock

KAC sights

KAC Style rail covers, ridges ground off and stippled

Element Gear Sector hand stop

Element M951 clone

Spectre DR Sight

Plan to change a few items on it.

Have coming a Blue Force Gear VCAS Sling and a Element 1inch mount

Might change the BUIS to MBUS2 for a lower profile when not flipped up

Swap spectre for a T1

Mount the torch on a Element Gear sector mount so its in betweent the top rail and left side rail

Change the flash hider for a Crusader MB556k

Swap the charging handle for a Crusader BCM Gunfighter MOD3

Add a Magpul 0.70 buttpad on the UBR

CplHicks >> And be careful with the offset GearSector mount. Because of the size of the bulb you may not be able to mount your front sights where you use to have them. You will have either to remove them or to move closer to you.

Edited by Ivan le Fou

I think I like the $15 fake ARMS sights better than real MBUS. I only got a set to see if they would fit next to a Gear Sector Scoutlight mount:

I found them to be surprisingly awesome for the money, really nice sight picture as well. As for the flashhider, I always liked the look of a SCAR-L flashhider on my MRP... Think I got a picture of it somewhere...

P1000814.jpg

@ Dannyprince23 - Is that a Crusader or Apple Airsoft MB556k

@ Ivan le Fou - The front sight is mounted a little further back. Its an AR10 RIS so there is a section og the top RIS that has been cut out for the AR10 adjustable gas block. I'm using a Dytac barrel with a low profile noveske gas block.

Edit for pic to show what I mean.

122ba985.jpg

Also shows my new compensator. The rainier arms one.

Edited by CplHicks

The Guarder is the only one of the 3 that doesn't feature KAC trademarks; the G&P unit I had was fantastic quality as usual, but I can't comment on the VFC; I'd imagine it'd probably be the nicer of the 3 going on external quality and detailing alone, although I couldn't fault the G&P unit at all.

*edit - Saying that, having just looked on Intrudershop's website, they show their M4A1 RIS complete AEG with KAC marked rail panels, but I couldn't see any KAC markings on the rail system itself.

Edited by hwagan