AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Stupid as it is, you can't even purchase KAC RAS to CA!!

To be clear, if you live in CA, you can purchase from KAC or from Lawmens (their civilian retailer). However, they have a policy that they won't SHIP to CA due to the mess up with the CA safe guns list ruling (in which rather than specify the SR15 platform CA lawmakers accidentally just said RAS/RIS thereby screwing up the entire KAC purchase-ability). So you can buy from them and have the items shipped to somewhere out of state (outside of CA, but within the US). Generally it's a pain in the butt. So to avoid all that headache, there are still many MANY retailers and dealers throughout the US in which you can buy KAC products from instead who will ship to CA. Or save yourself a lot of money and buy second hand for much less off AR15, M4C or some other RS forum.

Edited by uscmCorps

Real M600C?

Also, do those tan Aimpoints exist anywhere besides airsoft? Not that it would make me want one any less...

Nope, a cleaver clone off RSOV. (Full trades even!) Mine's the Full/Half/Flash model. They are pretty cheap over there and this one works better brightness wise than my real Surefire G2 LED. I plan on grabbing up a few more myself.

As for the Tan Aimpoint. I think they only make Tan covers. Although I don't think it would stop anyone from painting their own aimpoint. ;)

Edited by Renagade

Thanks--just ordered one. I was about to buy another Element, but the switchcap seems wrong and their tan is way too silvery.

Speaking of fake scout lights, PX has listed some new ones (in black only) with trademarked tape switches.

Picture thread:

IMG_20120813_143945.jpg

That's my only current "night game gun"; the outer barrel is JUST long enough for the KAC suppressor to lock in but too short for my tracer unit, and I switched the Madbull tracer hopup to my MOE carbine. Has anyone seen a laser mounted to an MOE forend without looking awful?

Edited by kojak

20120816_163350.jpg

20120816_163254.jpg

20120816_163414.jpg

My M4A1 :D Don't like all the fancy Magpul stuff so I'm sticking with this build. Haven't messed with it internally yet, but externally:

Building Fire EOTECH LT110 Riser

ACM EOTECH 552 (Black)

King Arms LaRue BUIS

Element M961 with FM23 cover

Building Fire LaRue IndexClips (Black)

ACM Ladder Rails (Black)

G&P KAC Vertical Grip

King Arms Lancer L5 Magazine

I'm planning to change the grip out to the G&P LMT Ergo Grip....the current standard grip doesn't fit my hands well since I shove all my fingers all the way up to the trigger guard....it get's awkward :P

Oh and the white bit under the BUIS is duct tape..I needed two layers to get the BUIS to lock on the G&P rails >___>

Also, the last pic shows that I'm running the tape switch on the right (and I'm right handed) because mounting it on the left didn't allow me to engage the switch as easily as on the right for some reason...

Edited by intinerious
  • Like 1