AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

So am I to understand from this that real steel Troy rails will work with G&P AEG uppers? I've heard mixed information on this, but I've long wanted to put a Troy rail on a G&P sentry.

Both Miles and I (we're from the same local forum/state) have added Troy Alpha rails to our G&Ps. The Alpha rail uses the existing barrel nut to attach to the rifle, so if you've got a G&P delta ring assembly on your rifle, you can disassemble it down to the nut and the Alpha rail will attach.

My Gr15 Build

DSC00127.jpg

Im Runnin The MB DD M4a1 OB With MB DD Gas Block, The Barrel Is A Two Peice At The Neck Of The Breach. This Barrel is Udder ######, Even under Red Lock Tight And Sitting In My Safe The Barrel Has Mannaged To Come Loose Three Times Now. Mbus II's Coming Off For RS Mbus II, Elcan Cant Fit Over Rear Mbus II. Not Finished Yet But Close.

BREAKING NEWS! MADBULL BARREL NUT SCREWS STRAIGHT ONTO G&P THREADS!

No, seriously.

photo.jpg

I don't think there's any possible way I can make this gun any lighter and keep it looking this awesome. Properly pleased with it now, and thanks to Emperor86 for the rail! :)

• Like 2

Looks great and you are welcome. :)

Did you install a gas tube?

I did indeed! There's a DD style low profile G&P block with gas tube underneath the rail; I forgot to install it before the rail, so it's not actually going back into the receiver fully, but there's nothing to stop it doing so other than my laziness! :P

BREAKING NEWS! MADBULL BARREL NUT SCREWS STRAIGHT ONTO G&P THREADS!

No, seriously.

Thank goodness Madbull are now making their products out of spec. Makes everything a lot easier.

In other news: I spent two quality hours yesterday afternoon with an ACM Noveske barrel nut, a G&P LMT receiver, and a small, triangular-profile file.

Thank goodness Madbull are now making their products out of spec. Makes everything a lot easier.

I'd like to think they've gone with the larger G&P spec threading as standard now, as the very same rail installed flawlessly on a TM Spec KSC M4 GBBR; Would make a lot more sense, as G&P nuts will go on anything, whereas TM nuts won't go on G&P/ICS and the like!

As for the Noveske rail... Pics! Hope it wasn't too much of a nightmare fitting 'n all.

I think that's perhaps more to do with G&P putting different spec barrel nut threads on their GBBRs vs their AEGs. I mean I can't verify 100%, but every barrel nut I've swapped/moved around between my TM SOCOMs and WOCs has always fitted on to both. I suppose I need to test a few of them on the Sentry based AEG I have to get confirmation.

To be totally honest, I think the words 'Confirmation', 'Madbull' and 'Barrel nut' are unlikely to ever feature in the same sentence :P

Still, everything I've put on a G&P AEG has always gone onto a WOC and vice versa, but I've never managed to get a known TM spec (ACM Larue rail that was a perfect fit on a VFC receiver) onto either a G&P AEG or GBBR... I'm speculating of course, but I think perhaps the barrel nut of later Madbull rails may have been made a little more accomodating.. Either way, I've got the rail I wanted on my blaster and it looks tits.

I would say that 'we'll figure it out on day' but with the random combinations that constantly pop up which do/don't work when they shouldn't/should I'm more and more leaning towards the fact it's just wide-tolerance airsoft manufacturing processes to blame. I do have nuts at home from TMs, G&P AEGs, RS ARs, WOCs and G&P after-market-for-AEGs, so when I muster up the motivation to strip down 4-5 different AR forends I'll have to see if I can prove anything.

Also to say, well done on building a lightweight and effective black rifle. I do love the look of a Block II, but I'm really not a fan of the efficiencies of them (as much as one can generalises a railed gun that can vary hugely) as far as airsoft is concerned.

I would say that 'we'll figure it out on day' but with the random combinations that constantly pop up which do/don't work when they shouldn't/should I'm more and more leaning towards the fact it's just wide-tolerance airsoft manufacturing processes to blame. I do have nuts at home from TMs, G&P AEGs, RS ARs, WOCs and G&P after-market-for-AEGs, so when I muster up the motivation to strip down 4-5 different AR forends I'll have to see if I can prove anything.

Also to say, well done on building a lightweight and effective black rifle. I do love the look of a Block II, but I'm really not a fan of the efficiencies of them (as much as one can generalises a railed gun that can vary hugely) as far as airsoft is concerned.

If you ever do end up with the time to play with your nuts (I just couldn't help that one), it'd definitely at least narrow it down a tad - Hell, I reckon we could get a few of us to fund a Domino's or something to make it worth your while. I'd chip in a fiver to send some sort of unhealthy takeaway in your direction, as that really would be an awfully useful thread.

And cheers - See I love the look of almost any AR, and I've had all sorts of builds; But the long and short of it is with the MFR and the CTR/A1 grip, the gun is ergonomically perfect for me, and the weight reduction not only adds to the perceived kick, but also means I can keep the gun shouldered for a good few minutes longer than previously and bring it on target quicker; In the end, I can aim just as quick with irons as with a red dot, and I'd rather save the weight. Plus, I really am liking the slick/nekkid look of the thing!

Ah you're alright, I mean I appreciate the offer but there's no real need seeing as I get 50% off at dominos already, heh (very handy at the last Morning after). Apart from maybe 1 or 2 small gear items I'm not actually doing any airsoft purchasing for the next 4-6 months anyway while I save up for a little shooting holiday, and when you're not spending every evening looking at the 'new products' page on every single airsoft retailer and browsing every gear/gun picture thread on every single forum, you suddenly find you have a massive amount of free time on your hands. :cookiemonster:

LOL, what's considered Block 1.5?

I'm not sure if it's official designation (I doubt) but in AR community people used to call M4A1 / CQBRs geared up with Block II accesories with old style KAC RIS like that.

@Stl - it's very nice just the way it is. Of course it's up to You, but I would leave like that too.

To be totally honest, I think the words 'Confirmation', 'Madbull' and 'Barrel nut' are unlikely to ever feature in the same sentence :P

Still, everything I've put on a G&P AEG has always gone onto a WOC and vice versa, but I've never managed to get a known TM spec (ACM Larue rail that was a perfect fit on a VFC receiver) onto either a G&P AEG or GBBR... I'm speculating of course, but I think perhaps the barrel nut of later Madbull rails may have been made a little more accomodating.. Either way, I've got the rail I wanted on my blaster and it looks tits.

That's really strange... I have 2 different G&P GBBR uppers and i've never had any sort of compatibility issues - recently using a Madbull Troy TRX tube, previously KA and generic chinese Larue rails, i also once tried an ancient TM M733 front just to see if it fits (and it does). Maybe the bodies are out of G&P spec? I want to get a RS TRX at some point, wonder if that will fit without any issues...