AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

That's really strange... I have 2 different G&P GBBR uppers and i've never had any sort of compatibility issues - recently using a Madbull Troy TRX tube, previously KA and generic chinese Larue rails, i also once tried an ancient TM M733 front just to see if it fits (and it does). Maybe the bodies are out of G&P spec? I want to get a RS TRX at some point, wonder if that will fit without any issues...

All I can think of to explain that is you've used the receiver threads a lot? G&P threading is factually slightly larger than TM spec threading to match real steel - So R/S rails will go on a G&P/PTW or similar, but TM specific (Including some of the older Madbull rails and a few others) won't go easily onto a G&P. Sometimes you'll find a TM spec nut will require a lot of force to turn onto the G&P threads as it sort of cuts it's own thread, but generally a lot of TM specified barrel nuts won't go on a G&P.

In all honesty though, there will never be a definitive answer on what rail will fit on what receiver; This is airsoft, and manufacturing tolerances aren't exactly razor sharp at the best of times! :P

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

You should keep it at Block 1.5

I like a lot the look and grip of this build, and I'm not convinced by the RIS II system's out there, maybe with a G&P RIS II, so I'll keep this build for a time :)

@frogfish: I agree, so I called this a transition instead a 1.5 build.

Fairly certain the EXPS3-2 is part of the latest accessory kit. Some are calling it Block III.

So far, I've seen rifles kitted out with Larue 7" rails, EXPS3-2 in FDE, LA-5/PEQ, Insight WMX200, and Dual Switch. Most are running CTRs and AFGs.

G1Xn6.jpg

-Ex

Edited by Extraordinaire

Stl, Beta08, where did you get those gorgeous Opmod XPS's from? They're replica's?

I've once seen them mounted on a rail coupled with an Opmod magnifier... want it so bad.

Can you set me on track?

/ Offtopic, sorry

Yessir, they are replicas. I got mine from t-tiger on ASF but I'm afraid I got the last one. However, you can still get them from a few retailers online.

http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/model/T0002/templateProductDetails.do?ParentId=1214828800275&currentPage=1&editCurrentLanguage=1213907847692&webId=1213907847691&productId=1338781169675010439

http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/model/T0002/templateProductDetails.do?ParentId=1214828800275&currentPage=1&editCurrentLanguage=1213907847692&webId=1213907847691&productId=1342472164523002246

Stl, Beta08, where did you get those gorgeous Opmod XPS's from? They're replica's?

I've once seen them mounted on a rail coupled with an Opmod magnifier... want it so bad.

Can you set me on track?

/ Offtopic, sorry

Bought it here http://www.shootercbgear.com/index.php?cPath=26_45&osCsid=m6t8m660idg46tk6mspaajsgv3

:)