AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Whoooops.

Forget my previous post. Somehow I misread Yours and thought You meant lenght of RIS II itself.

BTW - has anyone seen RIS II issued with 12,5 inch barrel ? I've seen this configuration only on some poster showing BLOCK II setups. Not mentioned GL/SSC variant, clearly seen only on Stickman's pictures ;).

img_2623.jpg

img_2633.jpg

Block II upgrade... Yay! A.C.M Daniel Defence Mk18 RIS II... Real nice quality, but a SOB to install. Even the Dboy's Marui spec threads were too high. Had to sand them down a bit.

Got to find a BUIS for the bow now... Its almost perfect and I'm running out of ideas on what to do next. When's Block III due? :D

Edited by Jay L.Macrae
  • Like 1

Hi! Im looking into building the rifle briefly seen at 2:56 of this video.

I believe it has a 12.0" RIS, but Im unsure of what barrel they are using it with (length)? anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

Just get a 14.5. I'm 99% sure that is what is it since that's what all sopmod block II m4a1s use. In that video he has no front buis and the peq15 is all the way forward so you can't really see the part of the barrel that sticks out, not to mention he has a can that also covers the flash hider.

What make is it?

The light mount? Element :P

And what magazine is that?

As mentioned (might as well confirm) it's a King Arms L5 Lancer mag with I believe an Element Magpul clone. The Magpul's not as stretchy as the PTS ones which made fitting them on a PITA, but with some elbow grease and a hammer (yes that's right, I hammered it on! :D) it fits pretty good and there's no way in hell it's coming loose without me trying to hammer it off the mag :P The Magpul's on the very end of the mag btw (wrapped around the 'rubber base' area if it was a real steel L5). I think it's the smaller curvature of the mag that makes it seem longer. Honestly I haven't put one of them side by side with another AEG midcap.

Edited by intinerious

This is my CQBR, its a DYTAC, the reason for the tape in the RIS is because the RIS wobbled a lot, fixed for now,

Reason for the CQBR is that I'm going to play as a medic in my team, since I started airsoft again.

It has a G&P T1

PEQ 15 (only for the looks)

and an Element Surefire M900 somethine

Magpul T-Mags

and my old Pantac Universal sling

DSC_0750.JPG

post-45078-0-56891300-1346841648_thumb.jpg

Edited by Robinio