AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Literally just watched BHD last night; That's a really, really nice gun. GBBR by the look of the bolt? Flashhider is a really nice touch as well.

Thanks! It's a Viper-tech xm177e2 gbbr converted to a model 653

btw: In BHD they used the wrong sight. The aimpoint 5000 would be more correct :)

Almost done with the refresh of my favorite cave-clearing blaster.

Added a SF RAID and heat treated the suppressor with a torch. Front sight looked more like KAC taupe before I messed with it:

9241.JPG9242.JPG

"Downgraded" to Matech rear sight, CAR stock, extended latch, and teardrop FA:

9244.JPG9243.JPG

Next update will be SpecterDR and LA-5.

• Like 2

Thanks, the colors in my photos are no good but I think it turned out great. There's no paint on the can yet, ran a blowtorch over it until it changed color.

No wonder you got the trades to stay, I'm really digging it, I think I might do the same! Out of curiosity, which can is it? The VFC or the G&P? or?

Thanks, the colors in my photos are no good but I think it turned out great. There's no paint on the can yet, ran a blowtorch over it until it changed color.

Was there no warping of the can when you ran the blowtorch through it? :P It turned out pretty damn great XD

btw emp3ror86 what's wrong with the G&P KAC can? I got one (but I guess I should've bought the cheaper Element one considering how well kojak's turned out) and I don't have a problem with it. The locking mech is kinda stupid in that it doesn't allow you to pull out the locking bars fully but overall the construction's fine IMO.

btw emp3ror86 what's wrong with the G&P KAC can? I got one (but I guess I should've bought the cheaper Element one considering how well kojak's turned out) and I don't have a problem with it. The locking mech is kinda stupid in that it doesn't allow you to pull out the locking bars fully but overall the construction's fine IMO.

First problem is the locking mechanism. :D That is horrible.

Second problem is that the tube with the many holes and markings that is secured by small screws onto the can was woobling with a crisp metallic sound like hell out of the box. I had to tinker with it till I could secure it properly and stop the noise.

Compared to the Magpul PTS AAC can which is only more expensive with 10 USD I think, the g&p is definitely a not to buy.

First problem is the locking mechanism. :D That is horrible.

Second problem is that the tube with the many holes and markings that is secured by small screws onto the can was woobling with a crisp metallic sound like hell out of the box. I had to tinker with it till I could secure it properly and stop the noise.

Compared to the Magpul PTS AAC can which is only more expensive with 10 USD I think, the g&p is definitely a not to buy.

I think the tube with the holes is meant to be a heatshield on the KAC suppressor? Anyone can let me know if my guess is right? XD

The tube on mine is secured by 2 screw. Didn't wobble when I got it (perhaps it's because of shipping that screwed yours up?) locally in Hong Kong and it was solid out of the packaging, but I added locktite to the small screw regardless.

The PTS AAC....eh, it's got it's own problems if you read one of the threads here on Arnies. I'm not a fan of the Blackout flash-hider ringing all the time either with the PTS suppressor :P I got the KAC one only because I originally planned to build a Block I M4A1, but I've already customised it so much it's not a Block I any more XD

Thanks for the info!

Just one more order and my MK18 will be photo ready. And probably 1000K topic ready, too, which I do not appreciate at all.

$1K sneaks up on you, doesn't it?

While waiting for more goodies to arrive in the mail, I found a new home for the Block II accessories I'm replacing:

babyblock2-2.JPGbabyblock2-1.JPG

• Like 5