AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

That's burnt bronze. I've shot that exact rifle a few times. Titleist has since sold it and another friend now owns it. That's a pretty accurate likeness to how it looks under normal conditions.

ETA: it's a lot like Patriot Brown ... but with a non-tactical sheen to it. It looks cool. Not tactical at all as it can be bright in direct sunlight, but still cool.

Edited by uscmCorps

Thanks for clarifying.

I had a little headache choosing between patriot brown, and burnt bronze... But I absolutely don't regret my final choice. Actually I think PB was the best possible choice, considering Cerakote pallete and one color paint scheme. I thought I love it right after painting and drying my receivers, but in fact I'm just starting to love it right now ;).

And still no scratch after last game and gearbox repairs.

Burnt bronze turns very goldish on most of pictures I've seen this far, so I had to ask.

Edited by MRF

I dont think they have gained in popularity at all. They are plenty popular. The price point keeps ownership to a limited number of people..

Not sure if that comment had anything to do with my pic post. But if you go back a year or so, you'll realise I have posted pics of it before. When it was released, I had to have it. I am a huge fan of the monolithic upper. I had the longer version, but this one was love at first sight.

I dont think they have gained in popularity at all. They are plenty popular. The price point keeps ownership to a limited number of people..

Not sure if that comment had anything to do with my pic post. But if you go back a year or so, you'll realise I have posted pics of it before. When it was released, I had to have it. I am a huge fan of the monolithic upper. I had the longer version, but this one was love at first sight.

I'd agree with that - They've been selling steadily since they were released, and a lot of places are out of stock of them now. I've only seen a couple at games I've been too, which is nice, but there's definitely a fair few out there.

I sold my AEG a fair while ago, which I bought the day it was released - I still miss it now. I'm currently in the process of saving for the Bomber WOC, which I'm looking forward too. The MRP is my personal favourite AR-15, it's just a tad annoying that the GBBR version costs $900...

The same about AEG ?

Unfortunately so - The MRP outer barrel on the AEG fits differently into the receiver due to the one piece design. You could probably get one machined as it's not a hugely complicated design, but I can't imagine it being cheap. Here's a review I did way back when with some pictures 'n such:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/182553-the-gp-lewis-machine-tool-co-monolithic-rail-platform-cqb-carbine/

*edit* Since writing that review I've actually learned I was entirely wrong and G&P have done the DI MRP, and they haven't replicated the piston system. I just got excited and thought they had, because I didn't know better.

Edited by hwagan

I love the look of the MOE solid stock, I just know the LOP would be far too long for me and my small arms. Annoying.

Didn't expect to see one on an AEG though, nice.

If it makes you feel any better, I have to go out of my way to find longer stocks for some of my rifles. It's not that long though, pretty sure it's the same lop as an acs in the first position.

If it makes you feel any better, I have to go out of my way to find longer stocks for some of my rifles. It's not that long though, pretty sure it's the same lop as an acs in the first position.

Any chance you could do a comparison against any other collapsible stocks you've got there to find out? That I would like to see.