AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Quick pic of my new toy.

Actually not new - I bought this one from a friend. External alternations in relation to stock KA Larue 9.0 are pretty obvious ;). Internally it's a pure stock. This far. 10 inch steel outer barrel is a two piece Element.

8234632355_340d4f37fa_b.jpg

Talking about externals - in my opinion it's the one of the best looking out of the box guns on market - I can definitely put it in the line with G&P MRP IMHO.

Most likely I will go for some Cerakote Armory Black treatment in the future...

Edited by MRF

OK.

Here are some more descent shots. Maybe these are not the most attractive angles man can get, but considering lack of lighting equipement I am still depenedent to natural light and related camera position.

I really like the look of this rig, although I haven't had an opportunity to shot it yet.

8240418363_3c3510b062_b.jpg

8241481556_8bfa2556b5_b.jpg

• Like 1

Nope, its actually mirror the position of the light on the other side, they are more in line with the front sight...this pic might give you where every thing is relatively..

large.jpglarge.jpg

I just need to move my support thumb to actuate the rear push switch of the light, or press the pressure switch for the PEQ. Sorry for the cell pic...lol

Edited by RacingManiac

And even more Of a reasOn Im digging these slimmed down rails, I run a double switch for both my Peq and mini scout right where your running the switch for the Peq. You seem to be able to almost fully wrap your hand around that rail, I have to reach over to actuate my switch when shooting lefty. Kinda strage at first but it's like any overly wrapped magpul grip

Last Pics of my beauty for a long time!

iwtpubq6.jpg9njvublz.jpgj7yc2r2z.jpgkcs7tofn.jpg7jxwj9f3.jpg

Specs:

Iron Airsoft Parts: Larue Stealth Lower Receiver & 1003k WA Stain Hop Up Round

G&P WA Parts: M4 Commando Steel Outer Barrel, Assemble Steel Parts Set (A), Tri Bearing Hammer Set (WP137), M4 Steel Sear (WP33), M4 Hammer Lock (WP57), Reinforced 150% Spring & Pin Set (WP115), Anti Rotation Links & Buttstock Speed Buffer (WP95)

PRECISION Fire Pin Block & SHS Steel Firing Pin for WA M4 GBB

Inokatsu M4 Super Bolt (Steel) 2010 Version

RA-TECH Recoil Spring (Summer Type)

5KU HOP UP Barrel Guide

Madbull Parts: 6.03mm Black Python Ver.2 Tight Bore Barrel (300mm) & X spacer

Prometheus Air Seal Chamber Packing (Soft Type)

Magpul PTS AAC M4 2000 Silencer w/ Flash Hider (CW, DX Version, BK)

DPMS Parts: Pivot Pin Front, Take Down Pin Rear, Takedown/Pivot Pin Detent x2, Detent Spring x2 & Trigger Pin

LaRue Parts: Tactical STEALTH Upper Receiver Assembly (M4 Feed Ramps) LT-007, Tactical 7.0" Handguard LT15-7, 1.25 Inch Swivel x2 & A-PEG Grip (AR15, Rough & Black)

LMT Parts: SOPMOD Stock Gen 2, 6-position Mil-Spec carbine receiver extension, Heavy CAR Buffer, End Plate & Castle Nut

PRI Parts: Gas Block With Top Picatinny Rail, Fat Boy Gas Tube Carbine AR-15 & M84 Gas Buster® Charging Handle -Military Big Latch

Tango Down Rail Panel 6” Black (BP-4BLK) x2

Troy Front & Rear Folding BattleSight (LaRue Branded)

Blue Force Gear VCAS Sling (OA Model) Black

Flashlight: Surefire M900A with Larue Tactical LT170 Mount

Optics: Aimpoint T-1 2MOA Sight (2011) with LaRue Absolut-Cowitness Mount (LT751) & EoTech G33 Gen 3 STS Magnifier (2012)

Cheers

orb

And even more Of a reasOn Im digging these slimmed down rails, I run a double switch for both my Peq and mini scout right where your running the switch for the Peq. You seem to be able to almost fully wrap your hand around that rail, I have to reach over to actuate my switch when shooting lefty. Kinda strage at first but it's like any overly wrapped magpul grip

Going from my older Larue style rail to this is really something very interesting. It almost feels like you are holding a spear or something as its so thin(basically just a bit bigger than the OD of the suppressor).

Nope, its actually mirror the position of the light on the other side, they are more in line with the front sight...this pic might give you where every thing is relatively..

I just need to move my support thumb to actuate the rear push switch of the light, or press the pressure switch for the PEQ. Sorry for the cell pic...lol

Ah cool. Guess it was the angle from that last pic. I'm really digging the slim handguards now too. Been skirmishing with my URX3 a lot recently. Here she is as of last Saturday's game. Couple of updates I guess, can't really remember what I've added since the last time I posted her haha.

0E9C853A-E3E0-4433-A0B6-DA2E0943FE2C-9955-00000A6F00492C51.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah I'm thinking next/ current aeg build I'm using a newfangled slim rail

Interestingly, the new issue of "Recoil" magazine has a collection of the new slim rail and some of their spec(they picked 2 sizes of each type, one around 9-10" and one over 12"). The MI rail is one of the lightest around the 9" size, and the lightest 12+" rail.