AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

That look so familiar... :D

I've been seeing a lot of the EXPS3-2s being used by our military and after seeing yours ages ago, I had to have that setup. Even if it is a replica. :P

Probably the best looking EOthingy I've used to date:

cQ0pm.jpg

-Ex

Edited by Extraordinaire
I've been seeing a lot of the EXPS3-2s being used by our military and after seeing yours ages ago, I had to have that setup. Even if it is a replica. :P

Probably the best looking EOthingy I've used to date:

-Ex

Is that one a replica then? where did you get it?

Edited by sunburnthammer
Can always try HKParts.net, but they are always so freaking overpriced.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-416-Grips-and-Accessories-c134.htm

I have a feeling wigs is talking about the VFC one when I read his post a few times.

The VFC HK replica of the grip and stock will not be available as a separate parts from what I was told by WGC staff a few months ago.  I'm not entirely sure whether VFC will sell you the HK stuff if you contact them directly.

Anyway, I took all the fancy pants stuff off my M4 build and I'm left with this:

20121217_122803_zpsb65012ed.jpg

As Fiddlesticks said, it's 'vanilla' :P  Yes I don't have a rear sight and I don't intend to use one.  Why?  I was inspired by both the Act of Valor (yes I know they did stuff to deliberately mess with airsofters and impressionists, according to frogfish I believe) and the Korean Navy SF (or whatever they're called) with their 416 SBRs without the rear sight.  As much as I'm going against the whole reasoning why BUISs were developed in the first place I kind of like the whole stripped down look...yes the EOTECH can fail and if that's the case I'll still have the frame around the EOTECH glass and the FSP as a reference point for aiming :P  Doubt I'll be able to run the gun hard enough to get the EOTECH to fail anyway even if it's an ACM clone; they're pretty well built for what they are.

The PEQ16 offers both ~100 lumen weaponlight capabilities as well as being a laser pointer.  Once I get the laser zeroed I'm hoping to try and run CQB using the laser instead of the EOTECH to see if it offers me an advantage in field of view and the ability to have the laser zeroed for say 5m whereas the EOTECH being zeroed at 30m so I can get a POA/POI for the laser.  The vertical grip is close to the receiver rather than as far forwards as possible because the gun doesn't have a free float rail and from what I've read for real steel Colts if you torque your hand down on the vert grip on a non-FF railed M4, you can get significant POI shift.  Not that it matters in airsoft but I like to build my guns externally to RS philosophies so having the grip closer to the barrel nut would decrease the moment lever acting on the barrel, which in theory for real steel at least should reduce POI shift.  I've never shot nor touched RS before as I'm in HK so anyone shooting real steel can gimme some feedback on my theory would be appreciated :P

Other than me changing out the stock tube later on (there's no stock tube cap right now) and the BAD-*albatross* selector on my HK416 and putting the original selector back on the M4 lower, I'm not going to add anything else to it.  The M4's REALLY light and I'm hoping to run MAG STANAG midcaps to compliment my future purchase of the Ares Surefore 60 round mag replica...I'm thinking there's a way of shoving the flash mag mech into the Ares, and if that works out I'll have ~900rds of uninterrupted ammo feeding through my gun with that magazine :D

I wish I could afford a real DD ris. :D

Sadly both of these are Madbull makes. Point of interest is that the upper one is my girlfriend's LM4, bottom one is my KSC CQBR.

Fit: I have installed 5 Madbull DD rails in the past years, I have some hard earned experience with them. Actually the RISs are a bit higher than the receivers, but straight at least. :)

Btw I just bought a Madbull Max Riser thingy to help me with the installation, but that just does not work. I can install them manually much better so avoid that thing.

Edit: If you need some help on fitting drop me a PM. ;)

Edited by emp3ror86