AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

I'm at week 2 of waiting on a local gun shop to cut the barrel nut threads on my LM4 upper from metric to standard threading. In the mean time here's a sneak peek of what's to come.

Looking forward to seeing your LM4 build, Shane. I saw a pic of an HI team's collection of LM4s a few days ago and they were absolutely mint :)

I recently received my URX, plus a new upper...and also a receiver kit. Decisions, decisions...totally skint now :(

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/The_Reptile_House/dff786f160b24f2628723a99a2b1af8c.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/The_Reptile_House/732a8c3c0d07d2fc59d4e07735338072.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/The_Reptile_House/a951b35db39b03c2d342ef1c086b01fb.jpg

Edited by The Reptile House

Here's my new build, 12" AR-15 GBBR:

dsc03351280x718.jpg

dsc03401280x859.jpg

dsc03471280x847.jpg

Second approach at a custom-made barrel - this time made of better stainless steel (AISI 316) and overall improved craftsmanship ;). Got two of those, the 12" with carbine-length gas system (pictured), and a 16" midlength. Still waiting for parts to finish the second upper though.

Other parts and accessories:
G&P Magpul receiver
Madbull Troy TRX 9"
Madbull AAC 51T MITER flash hider
Standard G&P WOC bolt & carrier, LPK, buffer, springs etc.
Chinese knockoff MOE stock (RS on the way, though tbh quality is surprisingly good)
Chinese DD fixed sights
RS Magpul MOE+ grip
RS EOTech 551
RS Surefire X300
RS IWC QD socket for TRX
RS Noveske QD endplate
RS Troy Squid Grips

Overall i like it a lot, the tube rail is comfortable to hold, the whole carbine is very light and pointable.

Edited by ko5ma
  • Like 3

Other parts and accessories:
G&P Magpul receiver
Madbull Troy TRX 9"
Madbull AAC 51T MITER flash hider
Standard G&P WOC bolt & carrier, LPK, buffer, springs etc.
Chinese knockoff MOE stock (RS on the way, though tbh quality is surprisingly good)
Chinese DD fixed sights
RS Magpul MOE+ grip
RS EOTech 551
RS Surefire X300
RS IWC QD socket for TRX
RS Troy Squid Grips

Overall i like it a lot, the tube rail is comfortable to hold, the whole carbine is very light and pointable.

Wait. I just thought and actually it was reported here, that Madbull's TRX rails are made the way to prevent instalation of fake gas tube ?

While I see You have it installed...

Lovin' the DD fixed front sight and sight position mate - very current :)

I was actually a bit hesistant to try it out at first, but this setup does make a lot of sense, especially with tube rails. And the DD sights are so nicely made and unobtrusive, that i've since used them on all my long guns.

Wait. I just thought and actually it was reported here, that Madbull's TRX rails are made the way to prevent instalation of fake gas tube ?

While I see You have it installed...

Yes and no, you can't put the tube all the way into the receiver without some milling - but it's not visible anyway, so i couldn't be bothered to do it. Also, only some low profile gas blocks will fit due to the lack of a tube channel in the rail.

• Like 1

No, i didn't have to. The Larue gas block fits under the rail without any modifications, and if you end the gas tube at the barrel nut, as i did, there is no need to mill the rail or barrel nut teeth. You'd only have to do it if you really wanted to insert the tube into the receiver, but it would be a wasted effort, as it's completely invisible when assembled.

Awww I think we have a CQBR flood now... :).

Me like. ;)

Anything more than a 10" barrel tends to upset me! :P I like the look of longer barrels, I just find them awkward to use! CQBR's FTW.

You will thuroughly love it, I still haven't picked up an aeg since I got mine and it officially hit the 1k club today

My previous gun was a G&P WOC, which was fantastic - However the price of getting one properly set up is extortionate, and the KWA is seemingly out of the box brilliant for a much more reasonable price... Mine still enters the 1k club thinking about it, but it's nothing compared to what a new WOC would have cost me! So far I'm extremely impressed.

Anything more than a 10" barrel tends to upset me! :P I like the look of longer barrels, I just find them awkward to use! CQBR's FTW.

LOL. That means we should start running some CQBR club - I wouldn't put it in words better than You did.

Nice one mate! what you need now is a nice Magpul MOE stock to go on that, and by some miracle coincidence, I have a spare one, BRAND SPANKING NEW!

Yours for £25, PM me if you need/wants/desire etc. :P

Edited by bladerunner168

Nice one mate! what you need now is a nice Magpul MOE stock to go on that, and by some miracle coincidence, I have a spare one, BRAND SPANKING NEW!

Yours for £25, PM me if you need/wants/desire etc. :P

Ahhhh seeing as you've gone and twisted my arm! :P You have a PM inbound dude.