AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Interesting store.

But problem is they don't sell outside UK. The second problem are... prices ;) - equal to US prices, but in GBP, unfortunately (in my case) because of currency issues. In Poland it gives us price about over 1,5 times higher.
On the other hand it shows, that all of this "US manufacturers can not ship outside US" is just a half true. Apparentely they can, but I believe it may require special pemissions, some additional tax/fee charges maybe.

And they just simply don't bother much, because european civilian market is almost none. So why would they... ;)

Yes - it's not cheap, but I guess they'd argue they need to recoup on the ITAR paperwork required in many cases to export from the US (the permissions are normally related to ITAR).

I regularly order from Brownells. If your order is $100 or below, they are able to ship outside the US.

They are normally very fast, but current gun legislation concerns are affecting consumer buying behaviour and there's a backlog.

Under $100 with, or without shipping costs ?

At Brownells the license limit is 100$ worth of "gun parts", without shipping. The only problem is that it's not immediately clear what do they classify as a 'gun part', for example some slings are restricted, but sling mounts are not. Shipping to EU is not that bad, between 10 and 30$ so far, and the customs office let all my packages through without applying VAT or other fees.

IMG_0816_zps06caf761-1_zps5df25506.jpg

If it were possible for a rifle to have a look of fear that it's purity was going to be taken, this LM4 wold have that look.

Also realised how guns somehow look like they have bent barrels and buffer tubes in photos.  If you try and get the snap from directly vertically above the centre of the rifle but don't quite manage it, then the the whole thing ends up looking slightly curved.  More so when there's straight lines in the background of the picture.

IMG_0823_zps993f2feb.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah I also can't wait, don't need it, but its just one more part to change haha.

I am a leftie so at least I really need it. :D

Pix topic:

KWA LM4

The Element flashlight is an old , only was there to test the Crusader S&S Precision mount copy in a game today.

lm41.jpg

lm42.jpg

KSC M4 CQBR

My ad hoc configuration (from the parts I found at home) for the same game. It is far from the final state.

ksc1.jpg

ksc2-1.jpg

Edited by emp3ror86
  • Like 1