AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Little question about this (Madbull ?) SF suppresor replica - are they really a copy of any real SF can ? Because generally in look and detail it has very litte in common with current line of Surefire products...
I'm asking because DX has very good offer with really nicely done Madbull's copy. $35 with shipping.

Honestly, I can't answer as I have no clue.  I like the look, the way it mounts, and the fact that it came with felt inside to dampen sound (not that it matters with a GBBR since the noise comes from the BCG).  I've heard they're not exactly accurate replicas too, but I can't attest to the truth in that.  I'll be swapping the Surefire out for an AAC SPR suppressor shortly anyways...

Little question about this (Madbull ?) SF suppresor replica - are they really a copy of any real SF can ? Because generally in look and detail it has very litte in common with current line of Surefire products...

I'm asking because DX has very good offer with really nicely done Madbull's copy. $35 with shipping.

I have the clone of the madbull SF one. I can say that apart from the missing trades, it works better than the Madbull one. Less movement and feels far more secure.

Novel Arms tac one 12424 clone of the Night Force 1.2-4x24, I get that same question every time I post it....

Only available in Japan and I've only ever found it on Yahoo.JP, need a Japanese address for shipping.

So far best magnified optic I've used, clear glass, excellently built and functioning turrets, very little to no parallax, and no loss of zero when I popped it on my AR for giggles (but without going into details I have gone a bit of a way to reduce recoil for weapon control so that may help with keeping a zero).

EDIT: I'll add it runs about $240USD

Edited by frogfish
  • Like 1

Hah, sorry boss, never seen you say what it was before.

I asked because it looks just like a NF to me, very cool man. Looking for something other that those Vision King SD replicas for a similar build.

Diggin' the paint too.

Edited by beta08

yeah I didn't like the clunky VK short dot. To be honest I bought it to re-visit the short-dot concept for my real AR. Theres a NF that was an overrun from a Team contract sitting in a shop in VB and I'm going to have a very hard time not walking out of the shop with it tomorrow....

Fitted an M16A1 upper since I couldn't find the proper A2 style.

Both the upper and lower are G&P, but it took a long time to A) get the super tight delta ring off the original upper receiver and B ) get the new upper to mate with the old lower. Part tolerances in airsoft are non-existent.

M16A1wM203_zps75ff1cd9.jpg

Plus, the USPS fairy brought me six shiny new 'nades to try out.

Edited by Gigueand

http://i.imgur.com/XHgdn.jpg

glammy pic of my cqb combat machine.

Purrrdy!

My AR is done being fiddled with internally. It was a G&G GR16 five years and many hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars ago. Nothing original remains!

dsc0612i.jpg

dsc0603bx.jpg

dsc0617gg.jpg

M130

Modify Smooth torque gears

Aluminum piston with steel teeth

Lonex piston head with sorbo

Lonex standard motor (not speed or torque)

Microswitch that came with the gearbox - love it! Click click bang bang!

Madbull hop. REAPS bucking (better than every other one I tried)

Madbull TBB

Overall, it shoots 400-405 fps at 15rps which is the same ROF as a real M4. The noise is exactly what I wanted wherein the suppressor being attached makes a HUGE difference.

Pic ...

dsc0715k.jpg

dsc0726eb.jpg

dsc0749t.jpg

dsc0731m.jpg

dsc0741s.jpg

ETA: All QD hardware removed

dsc0661a.jpg

Edited by QDRenegade
  • Like 5