AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

I think this is the case, the hurricane is right in spec with the real deal, so telling you those dimensions wouldn't help, and I no longer have the VFC so I can't give you those.

I will say it took some finagling on the fitting to make it work with the VFC, but at the same time I mounted mine using one hole rather than two...

As with most of S&S products it has a very very specific use, it was made for one individual as a custom order then tossed on the market if the customer said it was Ok. I've never tried to mount the mount anywhere other than on one hole so it may be that is the way it was designed.

Ah thanks for the response!  I got it working by getting the TD grip to take up the slack, so it's set up the way I wanted it to be along with being very secure.  Not my preferred choice by using the TD grip to secure the rail, but whatever, it works and it's not loose and I'm not worried about it :)

Thanks for the info on the S&S products too :P  I like to research both the real steel and airsoft counterparts before I do my builds and the S&S stuff that you know is very interesting whenever you post :D

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Some threading differences issue maybe ?
My chinese made F212A fits only Element 10,5 steel barrel what's quite funny because it doesn't fit it's 14,5 extension. Also it doesn't fit Madbull's steel outer 10,3 inch barrel.
So, I wouldn't be surprised - once again - welcome in murky world of airsoft part standards...

Anyone know what the finish on the Magpul PTS AAC SPR suppressor is made of?  I want to torch it to get a "severely well loved" look, but my Surefire one didn't take to the flame at all - cooking it in the stove flames just hardened the black finish on it lol...

Stuck the black suppressor on the gun.  I'll paint it later.  These are the final configurations for these weapons, unless I grab an MUR receiver for the long gun.

Top: Noveske Diplomat replica

Bottom: M4 16" Recon rifle

Receivers_zpscb3015cf.jpg

Edited by Bucko
  • Like 1

Is it me or are BCM flash-hiders a pain in the *albartroth* to instal?

I am having the hardest of time to put it on my G&P MRP. Hurting my hands...

G&P barrels can especially be a PITA. We've seen a lot of variance in the thread pitch throughout G&P's barrels over the years. Not just from batch to batch, but also variances within entire batches of G&P barrels.

Sorry to keep posting like mad in here, but I felt this warranted a post.

Sorry to keep bumping this thread, but I'm just really excited today!

So after an hour or so of replying to posts on other forums and lamenting how much I hate the fat black suppressor on there, I made this.  It's a mock heat-shield for my suppressor since I didn't want to go to the trouble of painting it.  It's modeled after the TAB Suppressor Anti-Mirrage Shield (SAS), which is designed to "... prevent mirage from obscuring your site picture after multiple shots. Eliminating mirage is accomplished by the use of insulating materials - your can heats up, but the SAS stays cool. The outer shell of the the TAB SAS will not heat up so your equipment and person will not become damaged with accidental or intentional contact."  Apparently it also helps reduce heat signature when viewed through IR goggles (real world).

Anyways, here's the completed gun!

RECCEwithsuppressorcover_zpsd74aa494.jpg

suppressorcover_zps81fed60a.jpg
  • Like 1