AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Hello hello sweet violet-ish Madbull's FDE...

I love those rails but actually I hate their fake FDE hue... BTW - does MARSOC use PEQ16 or 15 ?

I ran out of stuff to do to my Block II, so I Duracoated the rail in DD's chocolate milk brown.  In hindsight, a dusting of khaki and brown would have sufficed.  

I heard Daniel Defense was ok with Madbull making a licensed copy, why wouldn't they it's making them a lot of money :)

But they requested that the colour with not exactly resemble the original , that way they could prevent people from selling them as the real deal, and DD wouldn't be held accountable for legal purposes, if they both would look the same then someone somewhere will sell them as the real deal and/or they would end up in the military pipeline.

With the colour and marking slightly off they would always have a broom behind the door. Makes sense I guess

So will probably give it a slight dusting of some sort, half of the real deal is sprayed anyway

Edited by blablabla

Battery-free in sunny days, included lithium aa battery works for years non stop at highest brightness level.

Slightly larger rear end than an M2, sans tunnel vision from the tube ( sight picture looks like a huge c more )

Super small dot....... IIRC 1.5 moa ( lazy to check )

Oh, adjustment-free bobro mount version is great.

So why are you here asking for pictures? :P