AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Mind taking a quick pic some time ? In need of some inspiration

My balcony has poor lighting, but the Duracoat color is identical to Daniel Defense.  Up close you can tell by the texture and lack of metallic sheen that it's paint:   

12122.JPGcqbr11245.JPG

I wound up dusting it with khaki afterwards.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Battery-free in sunny days, included lithium aa battery works for years non stop at highest brightness level.

Slightly larger rear end than an M2, sans tunnel vision from the tube ( sight picture looks like a huge c more )

Super small dot....... IIRC 1.5 moa ( lazy to check )

Oh, adjustment-free bobro mount version is great.

So why are you here asking for pictures? :P

Dude, airsoft is 90% looks.  It's how looks on my AR that matter! ha ha ha

• Like 1

My balcony has poor lighting, but the Duracoat color is identical to Daniel Defense.  Up close you can tell by the texture and lack of metallic sheen that it's paint:   

Kojak, is that PEQ15  RS?

EDIT: OOPS! Apologies for double posting!

Edited by Noveske

EDIT: OOPS! Apologies for double posting!

I believe it's a FMA SEALs PEQ-15 replica?  There's an operational version out there (which I suspect he has), but I found the dummy one real quickly.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/peq15-battery-case-laser-sight-p-6118.html

Damn, nice one. You sprayed and removed most of the paint afterwards form the whole gun ?

Oh where'd you get that John Masen ? real deal ?

12122.JPGcqbr11245.JPG

Damn, nice one. You sprayed and removed most of the paint afterwards form the whole gun ?

Oh where'd you get that John Masen ? real deal ?

I spray a light coat of Aervoe camo paint and wipe it off immediately with alcohol; I've done various parts of the gun at different times with different colors.  The butt pad came from a gun shop.  

For the duracoat, what color is that? Coyote brown?

DuraCoat Daniel Defense FDE

New photos:  

1175.JPG1178.JPG11711.JPG1177.JPG

That makes two of us TB-Stalker :lol: . Already sorted the rest of it out (plus a rather nice M600 with Vampire head and a Danger Close Consulting mount for the front of it), now I just need to sort the RIS side of things :)

I've got the RS Rail sorted ;) just need the base rifle now! Viper tech here we come!

Just need to buy your SPR kit as well ;)

It's the $12 LA-5/PEQ battery box with a few cosmetic mods, plus an Insight switch and visible laser.  The working one is the same box with a red laser and no pressure switch--IMHO not worth messing with.  Aside from a discontinued Japanese conversion kit for a PEQ-15 there's no other replica LA-5.  

What is that circle thing on the RIS close to the receiver on the first picture?

You are lucky with your vfc 300m buis. The one I bought was so it could not even be folded down properly.

The circle is an FMA weapon link, and it's pretty similar in color to the Madbull DD anodizing.  

I have no complaints about the VFC rear sight.  My front sight actually a G&P or Element, dismantled and painted to look as close to KAC taupe as I could get it.  

Kojak, is that a real or fake weapon link? How do you like it? I've had a real one I got from a buddy sitting on my desk for months and just never had the desire to try it, and keep forgetting I have it...

Fake, and unless Uncle Sam was buying I'd pass on the real one.  It's unnecessary if you use an MS3 or something similar, but for the past year or so I've just used a bit of webbing attached over the right shoulder of my rigs as a sling, and it's been nice to have when I'm using another weapon or doing anything else where I need both hands.  Inserting and removing the gun is fast and simple, once you find a location for the mount that works well for you.  

As for the replica (mine is the MOLLE version), the only faults I've found is that the aluminum scratches easily and the phony S.T.R.I.K.E. clips are flimsy.  I've messed around with weapon catches in the past and this is the only one I've liked; I might even pick up the belt version for more placement options.  

SWF17Nt.jpg

Could someone please help me ID the scope, pistol grip, suppressor, and bipod in this pic? I was looking through my photos and found the above gem. I could've sworn I saw it on Arnies, however I just looked through the last 10 pages and didn't see it. I just ordered a KJW M4 from UNCompany, my first M4 style rifle. Ideally I would have two upper receivers, one that resembles the above weapon and one for CQB/Woodland. I know that there is an SPR MOD kit 0, however I don't know anything else. Can someone please help me?

• Like 1

could someone please help me ID the scope, pistol grip, suppressor, and bipod in this pic? I was looking through my photos and found the above gem. I could've sworn I saw it on Arnies, however I just looked through the last 10 pages and didn't see it. I just ordered a KJW M4 from UNCompany, my first M4 style rifle. Ideally I would have two upper receivers, one that resembles the above weapon and one for CQB/Woodland. I know that there is an SPR MOD kit 0, however I don't know anything else. Can someone please help me?

DMR Thread:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/160202-dmrs/?p=2583816