AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

If they are in Afghanistan or such, which it looks like, I would assume (not that I am a big war nerd), they chamber a round and then put the dust cover back up to protech the firing mechanism from dust and debries until ready to fire. That's kind of the point of the thing :D

Also, you assume it isn't on safe, which cannot be confirmed...

Show me your blown up image in PS mate and tell me where the notch is, I do quiet alot of image work and I can tell you that there is no way there are enough pixels to discern the notch from that image. The gun is painted, worn and dirty and the shadow on the selector side is too soft so there are no crisp shadows cast... Come on... I checked it in PS under various conditions and channels of varying spectrums and no, just no. Show me the solid proof and I will back down.

LOl calm down psycho. It's there trust me. And what bs? The fact I can see it and how my cousin carried his weapon in the 5 yrs he was with marsoc? We are aware how much wasted time you put into pshop with your pointless case thread. Get Off your high horse, just cause you can't see something doesn't mean I can't when I know what to look for. No one is "spreading lies" there buddie, cry elsewhere.

And to be back On topic here's the start of the mk18 itch

My vfc mk18 mod1

P4111709.jpg

And how pretty she was ootb

P3051631.jpg

Edited by -wigs-
  • Like 1

Spot on, that one. Very nice :)

I know the EXPS isn't in the increment, but plenty of evidence of use in the wild.

While not official, there are rumors of an updated increment. Whether it be Block 2.5 or Block 3, EXPS3-2s(SU-231A/PEQ) are seeing use as well as the Insight WMX200 hooked up to a dual switch with the LA-5/PEQ-15.

-Ex

• Like 1

Show me your blown up image in PS mate and tell me where the notch is, I do quiet alot of image work and I can tell you that there is no way there are enough pixels to discern the notch from that image. The gun is painted, worn and dirty and the shadow on the selector side is too soft so there are no crisp shadows cast... Come on... I checked it in PS under various conditions and channels of varying spectrums and no, just no. Show me the solid proof and I will back down.

Who the *fruitcage* even cares? We're airsofters, seriously, who on earth gives a *suitcase* if some bossman actual operator has trigger discipline or not?

• Like 1

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/408319_MK18___CQBR___Varients_and_Clones_Thread_Part_2.html&page=208

thread posted in.

Even if it was on semi, there could be a chance that the gun was uncocked, in which case you can't even throw the selector on safe. I do agree, the original pic is nowhere near the res required to conclude anything.

Also, no one should care about this.

While not official, there are rumors of an updated increment. Whether it be Block 2.5 or Block 3, EXPS3-2s(SU-231A/PEQ) are seeing use as well as the Insight WMX200 hooked up to a dual switch with the LA-5/PEQ-15.

-Ex

Indeed - I've seen that speculated :)

I've also noticed that in most recent AFSOC pics they are using T1s...so some kind of upgrade package possibly afoot with the Airforce guys.