AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

For the 416 i can see the point, since they seem lighter and more comfortable to hold than the standard HK forearm. Plus the 416 version is made to work with the HK upper (flattop-rail sits higher than on a regular AR) and most other rails dont.

Ā 

For a regular AR, i dont see the advantages either, except for the 416-style barrelnut maybe. Looks quite solid and you dont have to bother with gastube-alignment anymore, but i guess in AS that doesnt really matter :P

Ā 

They sure look good though..Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

No, it's airsoft for 99%. Somewhere in comments below, author of the review was asked about any ITAR problems.

Ā 

Yup and in one of the last replies the author confirms that the rail fits a VFC 416 ;)

Edited by [NL]Infinity

WE Noveske SBR

Ā 

*denotes real steel parts

Ā 

Upper, lower and rail finished in cerakote tungsten grey

Ā 

Prime Noveske gen2 lower

Prime M4 upper

*Samson Evolution 10 inch

*Magpul Moe+

*Vltor iMod

*forward assist

*mag release with Seekins button

*ejection port cover

*Magpul/Noveske 60 degree throw ambi safety

*Magpul ASAP

*Magpul RSA

*Larue lo pro gasblock

TSC BCM mod4 Charging handle

Troy BUIS

Element SF M600 light

Steel 10.5 inch barrel (cerakote graphite black)

G&P DBAL

*Trijicon TA44-2 Acog

*Larue DOS -Mini mount

FCC large takedown and pivot pins (cerakote graphite black)

TSC Anti-ratation pins (cerakote graphite black)

PTS AAC Mini4 Supressor

Ā 

DSCN1614.jpg

Ā 

DSCN1613.jpg

Ā 

DSCN1619.jpg

Ā 

DSCN1603.jpg

Ā 

DSCN1602.jpg

Ā 

DSCN1595.jpg

Ā 

DSCN1597.jpg

Ā 

DSCN1590.jpg

Edited by bradnuts
  • Like 5

uscm, i painted it myself actually. In bright daylight, its looks closer to a silver, and you can see a little more of the metallic.

Hee, hee, welcome to "Cerakote it Yourself" club... Nice work. Is it oven or air cure ?

Edited by MRF

WE Noveske SBR

Ā 

*denotes real steel parts

Ā 

Upper, lower and rail finished in cerakote tungsten grey

Ā 

Prime Noveske gen2 lower

Prime M4 upper

*Samson Evolution 10 inch

*Magpul Moe+

*Vltor iMod

*forward assist

*mag release with Seekins button

*ejection port cover

*Magpul/Noveske 60 degree throw ambi safety

*Magpul ASAP

*Magpul RSA

*Larue lo pro gasblock

TSC BCM mod4 Charging handle

Troy BUIS

Element SF M600 light

Steel 10.5 inch barrel (cerakote graphite black)

G&P DBAL

*Trijicon TA44-2 Acog

*Larue DOS -Mini mount

FCC large takedown and pivot pins (cerakote graphite black)

TSC Anti-ratation pins (cerakote graphite black)

PTS AAC Mini4 Supressor

Ā 

Ā 

Absolutely stunning! Ā Makes me want to get off my lazy a$$ to get back to the drawing board.

Ā 

WELL DONE!

Nice M727, Rogue845!

I'm somewhat jealous, as I've just sold my old-school Armalite (a Tokyo Marui M733 based AEG with a Classic Army XM177 receiver set, & a G&P period appropriate flash hider & pistol grip)... WhenĀ skirmishing, I adopted a more 'Blackhawk Down' inspired setup (Aimpoint M68 CCO replica, & a barrel mounted Surefire 6P replica), but unfortunately I have no pictures of this configuration. You'll just have to accept my meagre sales images in both XM177 & M733 configurations, instead:

mxKMcgHl.jpg

77TVDdxl.jpg

Regarding the ring sight you're using; I've got one of those, but the ring-type crosshair was always too dim whenever I tried to use it. Have youĀ successfullyĀ skirmished with yours yet?

PS: Does anyone have any experience with the Classic Army XM177E2? Or even a G&G M16A2 Carbine fitted with G&P XM177 furniture, for a more period appropriate aesthetic? I might be looking to fill the void left by my old-school Armalite...Ā 

Edited by Foden_357

Nice M727, Rogue845!

Ā 

Regarding the ring sight you're using; I've got one of those, but the ring-type crosshair was always too dim whenever I tried to use it. Have youĀ successfullyĀ skirmished with yours yet?

Ā 

Alas, no. Ā Life and work mean I haven't played for flippin ages. Ā But from trying to use the ring sight around the house I can only imagine it would only be any good outdoors on a clear, bright day. Ā I did some internet research on RS forums and other people were finding the same problem. Ā Their ideas for fixing it was pretty clever. Ā 

Ā 

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/570826_.html

Ā 

It's on my to do list, along with a million and one other things.

• Like 1

Tose sights look quite interesting... could you please put a link to them?Ā 

Ā 

Not sure what you mean since I didn't get them from a shop - I saw them on ebay.

Ā 

However, a little google-fu produces.....

Ā 

http://www.ringsights.com/Tech%20Papers/13171.PDF

and

http://www.ds-solutions.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=22_29&products_id=75

M4s
DSCN0519_zps8a71b4de.jpg
Top:
CA M15A4. 13'' VTAC rail. PWS 556 flash hider. VTAC light mount. Solarforce L2. IWC hand stop. ACM sling mount. Hammers X1-4 scope. ACM KAC BUIS VTAC 2-point sling. Magpul PTS trigger guard. Magpul PTS MIAD. Magpul CTR stock.

Bottom:
CA M15A4. ACM Surefire muzzle break. Magpul mid-length handguard. Magpul Scout mount. GG&G light ring. Solarforce L2. Magpul MVG. Magpul sling mount. VTAC 2-point sling. AMP Micro dot. ACM KAC BUIS. Magpul PTS trigger guard. Magpul PTS MOE grip. Magpul MOE stock.

Need nicer weather to paint the MOE one.

• Like 1