AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

I think I need to change the RVG to an OD one....

Love this rifle here. I've got my bland ol' G&G GR16 carbine with NO RIS/RAS, how is that Noveske rail system? I love the look of the full length rail system over the barrel. Also love the little grip past the short grip, looks VERY comfortable. Now if only I had the money to work on both my Mk.18 AND my M4 Carbine.... :/

Ivan, I just noticed the wear on your flash hider. That's amazing, how'd you do that? Heat as well?

Very clean build!

Here's a halfassed shot of my current simple gas VLTOR build, sans ACS stock/functioning DBAL/LAW folding stock adaptor/S&S weapon catch/MIAD/Tactical Link BAL. I'll break out the DSLR when everything's on it.

429443_4330866644273_1142515987_n.jpg

Edited by PreacherMan
  • Like 2

It is a standrad M4 outer barrel. So I would say 14,5.

As for the flash-hider, well the AACs are a bit special. In fact the thread is inside the flash-hider meaning that when you instal it there is approximatively 2cm of outer barrel "inside" the flash-hider.

Here I added a 1" outer barrel extension so I could fit the suppressor, otherwise the little "dents" of the 51T are under the handguard.

Well... Something's not right here...
I asked, because only thing sticking out of rail is flash hider, and that's the configuration I've always liked most. If it really were 14,5 inch  outer barrel, about 1,5 inch of barrel would be visible outside rail system - the same way You can see it on every Block II M4 with DD RIS II 12,5 rail...
First I just thought You might have some unusual Dytac outer barrel, but now I am a little bit confused...

:)

Edit: My guess is You have some 12,5 plus 1" extension You mentioned. This seems to make sense...

Edited by MRF

Finally, after a couple of years of buying no new guns, I gave in, and splurged:

9de6A9J.jpg?1

G&P LMT Tactical Rifle.

This thing is beautiful. I've lost count of the trades on it, LMT, VLTOR, Wilcox, TangoDown... Needs a little work on the hop unit, as is usual with G&Ps the hop on mine can barely lift a 0.2 to 100 feet.

The AFG is borrowed off a friends rifle, but I intend to get myself one soon, along with some decent rail covers.

Edited by RWJP
  • Like 1

I never quite know where to put this. I know it uses an AK-style piston but I doubt it will interest the AK boys, so I'll classify it by its magazine. I know that's a lot like judging a person by what he eats but, hey, I do that all the time. 

I couldn't pass up getting the current correct stock for my XCR, so here it is. I love this little gun.

IMG_0477_zps3669dc9e.jpg

IMG_0475_zpscc7c6331.jpg

IMG_0479_zpsea4de7db.jpg

IMG_0482_zps1445c9ad.jpg

Echo1/VFC Robinson XCR

-included foregrip (AIM?)

-Element M600

-G&P T-1

-PTS Rainer mini-comp

-*Madbull FAST stock*

• Like 2

Thanks! I'm usually not an early adopter when it comes to new parts and accessories, but I like the stock quite a bit. It's pretty tiny but I guess it's not much smaller than the OEM one. It extends to about the same length as a full rifle stock. My only complaint is that they did away with the built-in sling loop and instead put a QD socket on the bottom. I'll just have to get a loop soon. 

I never quite know where to put this. I know it uses an AK-style piston but I doubt it will interest the AK boys, so I'll classify it by its magazine. I know that's a lot like judging a person by what he eats but, hey, I do that all the time. 

I couldn't pass up getting the current correct stock for my XCR, so here it is. I love this little gun.

IMG_0475_zpscc7c6331.jpg

Echo1/VFC Robinson XCR

-included foregrip (AIM?)

-Element M600

-G&P T-1

-PTS Rainer mini-comp

-*Madbull FAST stock*

You've got to be kidding me...

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=12766