AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

I posted this in the $1k club tread, but I think this belongs here also. If not, let me know.

Got my Mega monolithic upper back. It used to be on my PTW, and I decided it was time to make it work on my WE M4. So the Samson Evo rail is gone, and in its place is mega.

WE Noveske MEGA Monolithic

*denotes real steel parts

Upper, lower finished in cerakote tungsten grey

Prime Noveske gen2 lower
*Mega Arms Monolithic rifle length tubular upper
*BCM gunfighter grip
*Vltor iMod
*buffer tube
*forward assist
*mag release with Seekins button
*ejection port cover
*Magpul/Noveske 60 degree throw ambi safety
*Magpul ASAP
*Magpul RSA
*Larue lo pro gasblock
*BCM mod4 Charging handle
*KAC Micro front and 600 meter rear sights
Element SF M600 light
*Gear Sector surefire scout offset mout
Angry Gun steel 14.5 inch barrel
G&P DBAL
*Trijicon Accupoint TR24G
*ADM scout mount
FCC large takedown and pivot pins (cerakote graphite black)
TSC Anti-ratation pins (cerakote graphite black)
Surefire style MB556k

DSCN1659.jpg
DSCN1660.jpg
DSCN1663.jpg
DSCN1665.jpg
DSCN1667.jpg
DSCN1669.jpg
  • Like 6

Wellll. I dont exactly know where this goes.

Type 89 is based on the AR-18 from what I know...

IMG_20130331_153242_358_zpsa6f3dc48.jpg

IMG_20130331_153258_744_zpsdce48ae6.jpg

Its pretty awesome minus the chip out of the handguard.

I love the Omega series.

Second that. I got 2x 12"ers on 2 rifles. My VFC M16 and my KWA M4

Rails are a tad fat in places but ill get over it ! Main plus of them for me is the fact that the rail is slim , and i can get my childish girly hands around it!

BAH! I have large hands. I dont mine. Added an AFG2 and it fits perfectly in my hands ^_^

Gun is not quite done yet, but its been 3 months since I got the base gun!

F8c6o2c.jpg

FaZQ1St.jpg

O9F2HgI.jpg

UFNs9fg.jpg

The parts list are:

G&P Sentry

Madbull Dragonfire 16" rail system

G&P M16A2 stock

G&P sniper grip

Prometheus 455mm 6.03 TBB

Prowin hop up chamber

rhop + modify flat nub

Modify piston

Siegetek 14.09:1 single sector gears

Lonex A2 motor

Low-resistance wiring

Extremefire Cheetah 2N mosfet

and a 11.1v 3200mah 35C lipo 

Edited by Oshiha

Without the ROF being dialed down, it clocks in around 33 bb/second.. which is an overkill IMO. I dialed down the ROF to 25 bb/second, with SAFE-SEMI-BURST (3 rounds). 

Before anyone asks why I went with 14.09:1 gears instead of 20:1 gears (would have gotten around the same ROF), well that just means the AEG is capable at pushing up to 33 bb/second if need be :).

Just what is that vert grip/flashlight combo? I'm really liking that, very unique.

My tripod plate magically disappeared, so the nice pictures I was going to take couldn't be done. Meh, it's only half way done building now, got some more real steel and not so real steel gubbins on the way. My indoor GBBR, again-

306056_4349648073797_868102681_n.jpg

Low profile 30mm scope mount, Fenix TK15 light, and the KWA LM4 standard grip.

I was pretty skeptical about it at first, but once I made it the grip is actually pretty damn comfortable. It can be seen in a decent amount of SFOD-D/CAG/ACE photos.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Without the ROF being dialed down, it clocks in around 33 bb/second.. which is an overkill IMO. I dialed down the ROF to 25 bb/second, with SAFE-SEMI-BURST (3 rounds).

Before anyone asks why I went with 14.09:1 gears instead of 20:1 gears (would have gotten around the same ROF), well that just means the AEG is capable at pushing up to 33 bb/second if need be :).

"Auhph... The noobs are cheating again... let's fix that shall we??"

-Hawaiian

Just what is that vert grip/flashlight combo? I'm really liking that, very unique.

My tripod plate magically disappeared, so the nice pictures I was going to take couldn't be done. Meh, it's only half way done building now, got some more real steel and not so real steel gubbins on the way. My indoor GBBR, again-

Good stuff, I like it.

That looks SERIOUSLY front-heavy. What does the little spring-loaded tan attachment at front 9 o' clock do?

LOL. Yes, it is front heavy. I put everything together out of boredom. Most likely not going to run the gun in this configuration. The switch is for the light and laser unit.

Any issues fitting madbull rails onto LM4's akiraspeedstar ?

thinking about getting one and want to know if my stuff can drop right on :)

I've fitted an SWS 9.28" to mine, and I currently have a Vtac 9", both made by Madbull. No problems fitting whatsoever :)

• Like 1