AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

It doesn't have a gas port in the upper? If that's the only reason (instead of "I want to put batteries in my handguard, so there's no space"), then I'd suggest just drilling one. My SOPMOD didn't have one either and I had my tech drill a hole for one (really I should have done it myself - I've got a drill press and he doesn't, so it would have been much easier for me to do it). It's MUCH easier than anything else, by far more realistic, and it's really very easy. Ideally you need a drill press, but some clamps and handheld Dremel or drill should do the trick. If you're gonna just put a screw in, a tap will make it much easier but I reckon most airsoft metal is so soft you should be able to use two or three screws to cut a thread. Bear in mind you'll need a decent vise or clamp to secure the piece while you're torquing on it.

I am going to end up just loctiting it to the gas block. I tried doing it with a spare triangle sight and handguard cap i had sitting around and it is pretty solid. 

Going to build another lm4 into a honey badger esque build.

Since I need the buffer tube I can't realy run the exact mp5 like stock so I chopped up a regular old m4 stock and made this.

F809CD13-AA01-4BEE-A6F4-123123C7BE4F-727

Going to fill the hole most likely but it will work for me and is nice and slim.

For good measure my mk18 that I move a few bits around on recently

C6A2FBA3-553F-414B-975A-8121EF074025-727

• Like 1

I'm guessing yours is RS, going on the gas block setup? I'm planning on getting rid of the Madbull VTAC as soon as I can afford to because of the lack of gas block. Either way, looks awesome!

I want the rail panel thingies that go on the VTAC rails. Haha misplaced mine forever ago and now I want an AFG on mine.

@hwagan:

Thanks! Yes it is a RS Vtac Alpha. Awesome stuff. Now that you mention it there is a new gas block coming, too. :)

Someone wrote somewhere that it would be an easy install since it uses the barrel nut of the host gun. Not true. If you want to install one I strongly suggest to have your receiver rethreaded and get a RS barrel nut.

Edited by emp3ror86

I've heard that about a few different RS rails; So the stock KWA/KSC LM4 barrel nut is off-spec somehow then? If that is the case I'll just order a real steel nut and get the threads re-cut. I do like the VTAC rail, but I prefer the look of the Samson so the plan is to go for a 9" one of those. 

Finally found a setup for my M4 that I like. The base is a G&P. I tried the uscmCorps photoshop method on the first picture, but I'm not as skilled as he is. My apologies.

Picture #2 is way much better ;).

I envy You that RIS II. Its color looks relatively normal in every light condition. I can't say the same about my mk18...

I've heard that about a few different RS rails; So the stock KWA/KSC LM4 barrel nut is off-spec somehow then? If that is the case I'll just order a real steel nut and get the threads re-cut. I do like the VTAC rail, but I prefer the look of the Samson so the plan is to go for a 9" one of those. 

According to usCmcorps it is not. Sadly I do not have many RS parts to test such thing.

You happen to know someone who can make the re-cut work within the EU? :)

I had a chance to try a few types of handguards in the past years, and I find the Vtac the best for me so far. That setup I got now is pretty much an ideal one. Finally.

Alphas can be funny with different RS barrel nuts, as well...or rather, not all RS barrel nuts are exactly the same.

I posted an install link a page or so back - it says which brand RS barrel nut I used, so I know that one is good to go.

Yes, I read that. Thanks for it.

It took me like 3 hours of filing and trying with a stock KSC barrel nut. And there is still a gap between the tube and the receiver.

Edited by emp3ror86
  • Like 1

validtumoralarm, how are you liking the Hammers 1-4x?

For those interested in an Elcan SpecterDR, the 1-4x models that PX-Airsoft is selling are really decent in terms of function, build quality, and color/finish. Most think the SpecterDR replicas should be a dark, almost chocolate, brown. That would be true if the replicas were the newer-gen SpecterDRs. However, since the only replicas I've seen are the older-gen, the almost-gold finish is quite accurate.

O11davQ.jpg

1X: XocuQpJ.jpg

4X: 6705QrS.jpg

-Ex

• Like 5