AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Alphas can be funny with different RS barrel nuts, as well...or rather, not all RS barrel nuts are exactly the same.

I posted an install link a page or so back - it says which brand RS barrel nut I used, so I know that one is good to go.

Well I've just ordered the 9" Samson EVO II (Several points for Samson's Customer Service, so far they've been awesome) - I'm gonna try it out on the stock LM4 nut, and if it's a no-go I'll just have to get the upper re-cut for an R/S one and get one of those on order; I'll check out the install link and try and go for the same brand nut - I figure if it's good on a VTAC it should be fine on the Samson.

According to usCmcorps it is not. Sadly I do not have many RS parts to test such thing.

You happen to know someone who can make the re-cut work within the EU? :)

I had a chance to try a few types of handguards in the past years, and I find the Vtac the best for me so far. That setup I got now is pretty much an ideal one. Finally.

Yes, I read that. Thanks for it.

It took me like 3 hours of filing and trying with a stock KSC barrel nut. And there is still a gap between the tube and the receiver.

I have a feeling CKinnerley recently bought the re-threading tool; I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remember him mentioning it. Might be worth asking him nicely, possibly with a bribe of tea? :P

I've tried all kinds of handguards as well... The VTAC is very nice, but I find it a bit slim for me; I don't find the thumb over bore grip particularly comfortable and I tend to keep my thumb on the pedal on the side of the rail, so I'm hoping the EVO being slightly wider should be a bit more comfy. Plus it looks awesome, and I should be able to get a Madbull Gemtech G5 in it.

• Like 1

My babies which - thanks to a new dutch law - I call finally keep at home :)

Both work in progress..

Every time I read about a law regarding Airsoft with a positive effect it makes me smile; Glad to hear the good news! And nice guns man, really like the colour of the 727.

• Like 2

Well I've just ordered the 9" Samson EVO II (Several points for Samson's Customer Service, so far they've been awesome) - I'm gonna try it out on the stock LM4 nut, and if it's a no-go I'll just have to get the upper re-cut for an R/S one and get one of those on order; I'll check out the install link and try and go for the same brand nut - I figure if it's good on a VTAC it should be fine on the Samson.

Yes - Samson are an excellent company to deal with and it's one of the few cool rails you can buy direct from the US.

I'm not familiar with the LM4's barrel nut, but it may be you can mod the thermal bushing which comes with the rail instead. It's a two part sleeve which fits between the rail and the barrel nut.

Otherwise, I think the Evo is pretty forgiving with RS barrel nuts. It definitely fits the Systema OEM barrel nut - so you may be able to pick one up, cheap.

• Like 1

Yes - Samson are an excellent company to deal with and it's one of the few cool rails you can buy direct from the US.

I'm not familiar with the LM4's barrel nut, but it may be you can mod the thermal bushing which comes with the rail instead. It's a two part sleeve which fits between the rail and the barrel nut.

Otherwise, I think the Evo is pretty forgiving with RS barrel nuts. It definitely fits the Systema OEM barrel nut - so you may be able to pick one up, cheap.

Ahh that's awesome news; I've watched the installation video on Samson's website and it all looks very simple, I just hope the KWA barrel nut is close enough for it all to fit. Still, it's nice to know there's an easily available barrel nut I can replace it with if the KWA one won't go. 

Really impressed with Samson's attitude, it's nice to find a US company with a 'Thanks for your business' attitude as opposed to the usual '*fruitcage* off, ITAR' types!

• Like 1

First post here on these forums! Hello all! 

This is my CTW Team Alpha I. Had a few teething issues at the start but she's lovely now. I've got a Magpul ASAP and Trigger guard en route for it. Also have a spare upper which i'm making into a MK18 upper. Just waiting on the RIS.

Hope you like it. 

CTW.jpg?t=1366840124

Edited by DeltaZero
  • Like 3

First post here on these forums! Hello all! 

This is my CTW Team Alpha I. Had a few teething issues at the start but she's lovely now. I've got a Magpul ASAP and Trigger guard en route for it. Also have a spare upper which i'm making into a MK18 upper. Just waiting on the RIS.

Hope you like it. 

That's beautiful, man!

That's beautiful, man!

Thanks buddy I appreciate it, I want to spray the pistol grip OD to balance out the forgrip, PEQ and stock but I'm not sure how it'll sit with the MK18 RIS. I think i'll leave it black and swap the stock out for the Crane stock when I use that upper! 

Edited by DeltaZero

Thanks bud!

They grey is fantastic. Wouldn't dream of changing it! I love the silver stock tube as well! Got lucky that I had a clone CTR that fitted perfectly in my bits box. The OD is also a nice change from the sea of tan thats about the place at the moment, looks much better in my opinion!

• Like 2