AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

keep on getting small bits now, snagged another Prime receiver set so I'm trying to figure out where to go with that one, hopefully less magpul this time lol.

Anyways, Magpul/Noveske Limited Edition SPR. Real 11" Noveske/SWS Handguard and all that good stuff.

jTujvGhj0mpg7.JPG

jvtrmzi9A1c7L.jpg

jbfjA7vyGrKwwP.jpg

jFcL43iDPoIct.jpg

jbzZS6lYgsvQln.jpg

jblxE9zAmHz5Om.jpg

j0mwB2tFcuDAC.jpg

Like the others have said, find a nice machine screw that's a close fit in terms of size, and screw it into the gasblock (which should be a nasty grade of aluminium if it's a replica). It'll be cheaper, easier and more professional to buy the individual tap (or ask a machinist, it won't take more than four to five minutes) and do the threading properly; otherwise some oil and several nice high-grade bolts should do the trick. Regarding whether or not your handguards will rotate without the handguard cap being fixed in place - well, it depends on the handguards. What are you fitting?

Why won't you have a gas tube?

dude whats all of that magic on the rail :0

YAY. Madbull can thoroughly go and take a schlong.

Samson2.jpg

d4d0cab9-3ecc-4b9e-9033-b624a6f7b179.jpg

Also, anyone interested, the KWA barrel nut was fine with the install - Each side of the thermal bushing took a light tap to knock into place, but no issues at all mounting the rail. 

Edited by hwagan
  • Like 3

Thanks man - Ridiculously easy install as well! I'm thoroughly amazed at how light it actually is, when I received the box I was actually a little concerned they'd forgotten to put the rail in it before opening it. 

Again, massive thumbs up for Samson's service 'n all - Noone has an excuse to buy a Madbull rail when you can get an R/S one cheaper! (£121 including USPS Priority from the US, as opposed to £120 + Shipping for a Madbull DD MFR in the UK).

• Like 2

Speaking of "For Airsoft Only" description and Madbull, it seems that miracle has happened - I don't see any on NSR rails...

Strangely, Madbull's DD MFR doesn't have the FAO marking, and also allows the use of a gas block and tube without modifying it.. It seems they like to vary their degree of 'How much shall we mess up this rail' depending on the model!

That only makes any sense if you consider all rails to be the same. It's not as though Madbull make a Samson rail, is it? :lol:

Entirely fair enough - Although I bet if you asked Samson nicely if they could ship you any other R/S rail they probably would! :P

Compared to the Evo, there are no other rails! ;)

After using it at the Sandpit all day today, I'm thoroughly in agreement - It weighs absolutely nothing, and the width and smoothed out rail mounting holes make it very comfy to use - Definitely a good investment!

Also, took some nicer pictures at a friend's last night;

Samson3.jpg

Samson5.jpg

Samson4.jpg

• Like 3

Glad you enjoyed using the Evo, hwagan. I really can't fault it. Just the right diameter and the faceted profile and cooling holes provide just the right grip - without clinging to your gloves.

A mate has the Madbull MFR and I really like it. I was going to buy an RS one, but got bored of waiting for Midway to get them back in stock...so accidentally purchased a RIS II instead.

Here's what my Evo equipped CQBR looked like:

IMG_5565.jpg

• Like 1

The DD MFR is a really nice looking rail, and it also strangely looks very nice when you wrap it in carbon fibre stuff! :P

The Madbull version is actually the only MB rail I've really liked; No problems with the rail spec, the barrel nut went onto a G&P receiver without a problem and there was no FAO mark on it, as well as the gas system fitting in it - If only MB made every rail like that!

• Like 1

Crop out a bit of the bottom of the last picture so it's just a gun amongst the spring tree blossoms.

Then post it all on the hippy/nuclear disarmament/pro gun-control websites you can find that have forums.

?

Profit.

'The tree is hugging this gun, and you hug trees, therefore you must also love guns.'

Flawless logic.

• Like 1