AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

good morning guys

I am an airsoft player Portuguese, already had numerous replicas of almost all brands, the deal came a few days a KWA M4 SR7 DEVGRU, and I have some questions about it.

Compatibility with other brands, G&P, ICS, Tokyo Marui, Guarder, Systema etc ...
From internal to the external level.

If it is compatible with ASCU Mosfet, Hop up unit also the ASHU.

What engine come in M4 SR7, is high-speed or high-torque?

From already thank you for all the information provided.

greetings

Here's my interpretation of a "modern" Colt Commando!

I really like that - clean, light, and modern. Personally, with the AFG at the front and the CTR at the back, I'd have a MIAD in the middle (the A2 looks a little out of place) and I'd ditch that rear sight for (you guessed it) an MBUS - the cut-down carry handle is too bulky for the streamlined look of the front of the gun. I'd say swapping that MagPul for a Ranger Plate would be a logical move, too. What's the block on the top of the handguard just behind the FSB?

You know, AR-15s just look so much better with the 20rd magazines. I might have to see if I can somehow combine a standard Marui 20rd mid-cap and my SOPMOD's 50rd mid-caps to get a 20rd magazine that will still engage the bolt-lock.

I really like that - clean, light, and modern. Personally, with the AFG at the front and the CTR at the back, I'd have a MIAD in the middle (the A2 looks a little out of place) and I'd ditch that rear sight for (you guessed it) an MBUS - the cut-down carry handle is too bulky for the streamlined look of the front of the gun. I'd say swapping that MagPul for a Ranger Plate would be a logical move, too. What's the block on the top of the handguard just behind the FSB?

You know, AR-15s just look so much better with the 20rd magazines. I might have to see if I can somehow combine a standard Marui 20rd mid-cap and my SOPMOD's 50rd mid-caps to get a 20rd magazine that will still engage the bolt-lock.

I am building a gun that I cooked up in PMG, so I'm trying a G27 grip before anything else. I'm looking for a 300m KAC rear sight; I might get a MK18 rail in black for it. I also PM'd someone about a batch of mags with ranger plates. :) I'm glad you like it though; I was just throwing parts together until I move in August!

myweapondz.jpg

The block is just a FAB defense angled mount. It just came on those handguards when I got the gun originally.

Edited by Leon Kennedy

Hah - it's funny that my rifle has pretty much all the bits you're changing to (KAC RAS w/ KAC rail panels, KAC 300m Micro Rear Sight, KAC NT4-SS QD Suppressor & KAC QD Compensator Kit) and I'm admiring your gun over mine... I'm kind of thinking about doing my backup rifle as something like this, a modernized Colt Model 733, and stealing that handguard-mounted AFG:

gallery_77463_1993_9712.jpg

Hah - it's funny that my rifle has pretty much all the bits you're changing to (KAC RAS w/ KAC rail panels, KAC 300m Micro Rear Sight, KAC NT4-SS QD Suppressor & KAC QD Compensator Kit) and I'm admiring your gun over mine... I'm kind of thinking about doing my backup rifle as something like this, a modernized Colt Model 733, and stealing that handguard-mounted AFG:

I used to run a modernised M733 before I got my CTW.. Was a very lightweight and manoeuvrable set up in my eyes.

P1040420.jpg

Edited by DeltaZero
  • Like 3

I used to run a modernised M733 before I got my CTW.. Was a very lightweight and manoeuvrable set up in my eyes.

Infinite badass-ness. I think I'm actually going to leave this upper the way it is for my next game. I don't actually have anything mounted on my RAS except the AFG.

Very, very cool. Wrong upper for a 733, but I actually wonder if I prefer your A1 over the A2 for a cleaner look. An original Colt slickside upper would be an awesome substitution on my PimpMyGun - choices, choices...

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen!

You're right, it is the wrong upper.. I've never understood why G&P chose to put that upper on their stock 733... Either way I think I'm with you, it looks nicer with the cleaner look.

I am actually in the process of recreating that rifle in CTW flavour.. all I need is the A1 upper receiver. It was a very nice set up I must admit!

Edited by DeltaZero
  • Like 1

Very, very cool. Wrong upper for a 733...

You're right, it is the wrong upper.. I've never understood why G&P chose to put that upper on their stock 733...

Just an FYI, that is the correct upper for a Colt spec. M733. I have seen Colt promo photos that use an A1 upper (but with A2 components). I think "M733" is generally known to have C7 uppers like yours and has the usual Colt forge and proof markings.

Edited by BaBaBooey

When I want to go real fast,

DeltaZero and Leon Kennedy, I really dig the lightweight setups! As a suggestion to get it even lighter, consider using handstops  instead of AFGs.

True. When I want to go REAL fast, I ditch the optic. :D

Just an FYI, that is the correct upper for a Colt spec. M733. I have seen Colt promo photos that use an A1 upper (but with A2 components). I think "M733" is generally known to have C7 uppers like yours and has the usual Colt forge and proof markings.

Sorry - you're absolutely right - I meant the Model 727, not the 733. Seeing as 733s have come from the factory with both A1 and A2 uppers (and A1 and A2 barrels) I think pretty much any configuration works.

Some updated and better quality pictures, swapped the KX3 out for a G&P one which is a much better colour and added the enhanced recoil pad.

Doesn't really make much of a cosmetic difference but there is now a noveske gas block on there and I have switched out the spring so it's now firing at 310.

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

Hope you like it!
  • Like 2

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

WE M4 OB..

With Real Eotech 552 + G33 STS

Real Surefire M952V

Real Peq15

KAC RAS

Magpul Gen2 Mbuis

And internals all upgraded to steel with heavier BCG and recoil hard buffer kit. Added the R Hop and tightbore.

All and all this thing is a beast!

Edited by Siavash