AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

Alright, I know, I am bit@#$ing on details... I guess because of my scale modeling habbits. And freaking randomness of Madbull products quality ;).

About solid interior - I meant only some short length in barrel nut area, and - as the result - solution similar to what Madbull did in RIS II series. It's just a matter of drilling small hole.

About rail sections - my bad, apparentely I missed something...

I'm going to bed... I'm tired. I've been editing this post four times... ;)

Edited by MRF
  • Like 2
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

OK, Boys.
What are looking at here on this fast taken pic, is Alien Airsoft mk18 rail vs Madbull mk18. I believe You won't have any bigger problem to guess which is which.
DSC_0857_zps066488ed.jpg

Here's a list of pros and cons - in specific details compared to Madbull's copy - please note that some are my personal, totally biased ;) opinion:

Pros:
- PRICE - 68$ plus shipping from UNcompany
- rails seem to be ON SPEC
- color - although again it's not exactly what we all would love to see, at least it's DARK - like full definition of FDE acronym says...

I believe it's very similar to what VFC did in their version of mk18.
- surface finish - in terms of aesthetics, because without some in-game wearing, it's hard to tell how durable it is just from looking
  at it ;) - it's more rough than MB, and detail/egdes are softer
- rock solid mounting
- like in MB version - there's no move on those rails

- no airsoft use bulls..it description

- at least on my receiver AA version is coaxial to barrel, while MB always sits lower in relation to barrel axis
- inner wall at the end of lower rail have rounded corners, as it should have

Cons: (mostly in detail/aesthetics)
- small geometry/modelling issue - lack of slant on front edge of lower rail. AA made this slant on the end of upper rail by

mistake... But even for detail freak like me, it's minor problem - we have sanding  paper and paints after all, while

this upper slant is not that visible, because of its location next to the upper receiver

And I wouldn't be suprised, if AA correct this issue in the future.
- side markings, I mean NSN number etc, are bit stretched in height (but font type is correct)
- lack of mounting plate's screws markings (on the head of screw)
- lack of plastic washers under side mounting screws

So, nothing really important, that You can't live with, after paying 68 bucks.
Because overall quality is THE SAME as Madbull's IMHO.

Differences between AA and MB.

- barrel nuts ARE NOT compatibile

- transition side areas between upper and side rails, are differently machined in AA copy, but from what I've seen on RS mk18

rail pics, it's completely acceptable

Do You want my opinion? If You can't afford RS, grab one before Madbull do everything they could, to remove AA version from the market. Let's be honest. For 68$ it's unlikely they have a license from DD or even permision from Madbull (like VFC has for their Mod1), to sell those rails...

And that's basically the reason I decided to post all of this here, instead of reviews subforum... ;) Less noise about this new version, the better - that's what I think ;),
I can provide some more, and bit better pictures if You want.

Edited by MRF
  • Like 1

The Madbull Noveske NSR is quite frankly their best effort to date (having tried everyone in their range other than the PWS series).

It's made well and not off spec at all.

A gas tube can be installed without removing the pin completely, just saw off the enough in between to allow the gas tube to be threaded through.

And who said that the NSR rail sections weren't already available? :P

Sorry, pics are a bit poo, it's cold, wet and dark outside  :no:

Your scope... is it the Real Deal? or the ebairsoft copy?

I'm pretty much in agreement on this; Having had the Madbull VTAC and SWS 9.28" - I'd buy the SWS again if I was going for that look; 12 seconds or so with a pair of snips, and I can fit a gas block and tube without a problem and a barely noticeable change to the exterior. The VTAC on the other hand was a total no go. I mean you physically can't see the part where the gas tube meets the upper - Why not simply put an inch of aluminium at the back with a hole for a gas tube? For all intents and purposes it'd look just as good, and hell, Madbull wouldn't have to use as much metal to make it. Some of their design decisions baffle me - The DD MFR 9.0 was nigh on perfect, and didn't even feature the airsoft only bit, or any way whatsoever of stopping a gas tube.

As for buying Madbull rails, I'll never do it again no matter how much they step up their game - These days getting an R/S rail for a similar price to an Airsoft replica is about the same amount of effort, or in the case of getting hold of a Samson one, a lot less hassle. 

All that aside, that NSR build looks damn nice Bladerunner!

Look at how Madbull is describing the MFR for the US market.

Package includes:

• - (1) MFR 12.0 Free Float Hand Guard with Mounting Hardware
  • - (3) 3” Modular Picatinny Rail Sections with Mounting Hardware
  • - (1) Hardened Steel Barrel Nut
  • - (4) Set Screws

Features:

• - Fully licensed by Daniel Defense
  • - Free floating design that enhances accuracy*
  • - Black anodize (Real steel is Military level III hard coat with Teflon coating)
  • - Blocked gas pipe tunnel to prevent mis-use on real guns
  • - Free Floating Barrel Design
  • - Light Weight
  • - T6-6061 Aluminum Construction
  • - Uninterrupted Upper Rail Platform
  • - Slim Profile
  • - Comes with 3 Mil-spec Picatinny Rails Sections
  • - Rail Sections can be removed completely for a slick handguard look or adjusted in different configurations to suit the shooters needs

The Madbull Noveske NSR is quite frankly their best effort to date (having tried everyone in their range other than the PWS series).

It's made well and not off spec at all.

A gas tube can be installed without removing the pin completely, just saw off the enough in between to allow the gas tube to be threaded through.

And who said that the NSR rail sections weren't already available? :P

Sorry, pics are a bit poo, it's cold, wet and dark outside  :no:

dscf1090i.jpg

dscf1109d.jpg

Mate! You wouldn't happen to have a PEQ-15 box would you? I wanted to get one of those sights and wasn't sure what the clearance above the PEQ-15 box would be. Help please?

Apex Gator Grip.

Absolutely!

Mount (2 parts, upper and lower) fits over standard barrel nut (delta ring style), then tube locates on mount. Very light and rock solid. For this build, preferred the design and style over the Samson. R.s. parts fittted perfectly on G&P AEG nut. Haven't seen this free-float on an airsoft rifle before...

• Like 1

Absolutely!Mount (2 parts, upper and lower) fits over standard barrel nut (delta ring style), then tube locates on mount. Very light and rock solid. For this build, preferred the design and style over the Samson. R.s. parts fittted perfectly on G&P AEG nut. Haven't seen this free-float on an airsoft rifle before...

It's a lovely rail by all accounts - a friend who lives in SF bought one for his PTW and I eyed one up myself :)

Look at how Madbull is describing the MFR for the US market.

• - Black anodize (Real steel is Military level III hard coat with Teflon coating)
  • - Blocked gas pipe tunnel to prevent mis-use on real guns
  • - Free Floating Barrel Design
  •  

That may be how they were advertising it, but there was nothing whatsoever blocking the tube on the 9.0 I had - Maybe they've re-designed them since the first batch, or there's a specific US version?

...or there's a specific US version?

That's what I'm thinking.  Either something in the licensing agreement, or a "safety" issue.  Pity.  Looks as if it would behoove anyone especially  interested to import from a HK seller rather than buying locally.

• Like 1