AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

My rifle as of now!

Just got done with the internals, and its shooting better than i ever would expect.

Here`s a preview:
auWzkhah.jpg

And the rest of the album is here:
http://imgur.com/a/lxeGR

Internally iv`e put in mostly Lonex internals. Only thing not Lonex
is the Prometheus 6.03 barrel and a Prometheus NEO Strike Hop up and a purple rubber.

Everything else is Lonex, even the gearbox shell.

Only thing missing is the flashlight. Bought a m600c copy, cant wait for it to arrive:)

EDIT:

Just wanted to say it originally was a TM SR16. Only thing left of that rifle is the RIS.

Edited by steinarsen44

Just finished my SOPMOD  :D  Build as follows. Magpul MOE grip and trigger guard, Magpul ASAP, Laylax hard buffer ring, Magpul XTM handstop, Troy battle sights, Vortex RS Strikefire, Madbull VTACS 11" battle rail and Magpul ACS stock modded to fit the 7.4v nunchuck batteries in.

20130608_190944_zpsdf0fac47.jpg

20130608_191025_zps10527894.jpg

20130608_191040_zps6d4d981d.jpg

my latest project:

01.jpg

03.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

G&P M4 Magpul Lower* & Vltor MUR Upper* /w Magpul M93 Stock*
KAC URX 3 13.5 inch Rail* /w KAC Flash Hider*, UFC Hand Stopper* /w Sling Swivel & Surefire Rapid Transition Sights*
G&P MicroT1 & G&P DBAL Dual Illuminator

added: NightEvolution flashlight /w pressurepad & G&P URX 3 KAC Rail Panels

Edited by Stress
  • Like 1

Out with the new (sigh)...

9036135876_707e39fef9_b.jpg

9033911563_05b277dfc9_b.jpg

In with the old!

9033907079_533c967e92_b.jpg

9033909907_8d1bd59eb8_b.jpg

(if anyone knows where to get a replacement VFC 416 lower receiver, please let me know... I see WGC shop has GBB ones but I doubt they are compatible)

What happened? Im assuming there was a small hair line crack from the pin area.

Have you contacted manufact* directly?

Considering painting the whole thing, but I'm not sure what pattern. Probably something between arid and urban, MOH style. Not sure if I can pull the trigger on covering up that rail. 

IMGP1690_zps2df34be3.jpg

I need a front sight and charging* handle, I know. Thanks emp.

Edited by Leon Kennedy

What happened? Im assuming there was a small hair line crack from the pin area.

Have you contacted manufact* directly?

I fell on it running at a full sprint at LC.  Ate it real hard, then noticed the stock wasn't attached anymore.  Still made it to cover, at which point I noticed the wires were also stripped and, to top it all off, the stock lipo was on fire.  Another reason to wear gloves during a game!

Anyway, I guess it's better that the gun broke than my collarbone (which was still an interesting color for the next week or so).  Thanks for the tips, I'll try VFC directly.