AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

I need some honest opinions. Here's my Block II-ish build at the moment. I stripped the old paint off to repaint it, but I'm at an empasse. Should I:

1. Leave it as is.

2. Repaint the lower receiver only for a repurposed look.

3. Paint the entire thing.

The only reason I'm weary about leaving it as-is is that the stripper pulled some of the finish off the aluminum.

photo_zps97e0038e.jpg

Edit: Sorry that this picture blows.

Edited by Leon Kennedy
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Thanks! How did the rethreading go with your KWA LM4?

Surprisingly far, far easier than I expected.  The die cut through with no trouble at all.

End of the day all one really needs is a vice, the right die, a big monkey wrench and oil/grease of some description.  Then as long as you stick to the 'quarter turn, back it off, repeat' you're sorted; the Midwest Industries barrel nut dropped right on with no issues at all afterwards.

Update, VFC were very quick in getting back to me.  New lower receiver is on the way, semi-reasonably priced, and the following encouraging/funny response:

Thanks for your feedback.

We understand how is happen.

We will think how to make the HK416 lower receiver more stronger.

Also please be careful on the game.

VFC service

I don't think they know me very well. :)

• Like 4

Surprisingly far, far easier than I expected.  The die cut through with no trouble at all.

End of the day all one really needs is a vice, the right die, a big monkey wrench and oil/grease of some description.  Then as long as you stick to the 'quarter turn, back it off, repeat' you're sorted; the Midwest Industries barrel nut dropped right on with no issues at all afterwards.

Thank you!

Update, VFC were very quick in getting back to me.  New lower receiver is on the way, semi-reasonably priced, and the following encouraging/funny response:

Thanks for your feedback.

We understand how is happen.

We will think how to make the HK416 lower receiver more stronger.

Also please be careful on the game.

I don't think they know me very well.

Hah! This is the best outcome - they acknowledge your reply, gently suggest that you falling head over heels onto the rifle might have exceeded its design parameters (but they'll think about how to cope with your special needs in the future) and best of all, they offer you a reasonably priced and intelligent solution. If only I could get that kind of support out of, oh, almost any manufacturer in airsoft!

• Like 7

Hah! This is the best outcome - they acknowledge your reply, gently suggest that you falling head over heels onto the rifle might have exceeded its design parameters (but they'll think about how to cope with your special needs in the future) and best of all, they offer you a reasonably priced and intelligent solution. If only I could get that kind of support out of, oh, almost any manufacturer in airsoft!

Maybe theyll glue the bubble wrap on this time :)

• Like 1

So I have a question.

I have, in my possession, a bricked ancient Classic Army M4 and the mad scientist in me very much wants to build, as close as I can get, a Honey Badger.

Now the front end is doable, but the stock is whats kicking my *albatross*.

I was gonna hobble along with one of the G&P Tanker stocks but I thought i'd come here for a second opinion.

Small technical question.
One of my mates has Socom Gear Noveske AEG replica, and its lower receiver features functional bolt catch - any idea what brand are those receivers as the OEM ? Madbull ?
Because actually I can't recall MB metal bodies with working fake bolt...

One of my mates has Socom Gear Noveske AEG replica, and its lower receiver features functional bolt catch - any idea what brand are those receivers as the OEM ? Madbull ?

It's rumoured that Prime is the OEM for SOCOM Gear's new-ish PTW receiver sets. Not sure if that's related?

My current two primary training guns

Centurion rail is nice. Arc Precision in the UK is getting those in the next week or so - so should see a few more around.

I bought a C4 rail recently, but I was disappointed to find that Centurion had forgotten to fit the helicoils :(

Pics of rails with and without at the bottom:

http://thereptilehouseblog.com/2013/06/15/centurion-c4/

Edited by The Reptile House

As far as I know, yes, its VFC OEM. They do the functional bolt catch and stuff. 

VFC also OEMs the gearboxes. 

just a heads up Madbull AEG's are usually G&G.