AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

It's just some ACM CompM4 on Dytac AD mount.
I am not sure if I am the right person to judge, because I've never expected much from chinese Aimpoint or Eotech clone. But in general I am quite happy about those two I own.
In fact, CompM4 seems to be more durable.

Edit: I am pretty sure that Dytac's CompM4 comes from exactly the same factory as mine.

Edited by MRF
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

It's just some ACM CompM4 on Dytac AD mount.

I am not sure if I am the right person to judge, because I've never expected much from chinese Aimpoint or Eotech clone. But in general I am quite happy about those two I own.

In fact, CompM4 seems to be more durable.

Edit: I am pretty sure that Dytac's CompM4 comes from exactly the same factory as mine.

Awesome thanks for the info. I've been looking for a good CompM4 clone but haven't found one that takes AAs, works well, and doesn't die in half an hour (joking of course, more like an hour).

I know, i know....

To be honest, the tolerances on the body are better than any G&P I have ever owned. It has locking body pins, no wobble between the receivers, and seems to be decent quality. I got all the parts for teh cheaps. It's all about the internals baby  :D

Its getting painted. Contemplating cerakoting it, but ill likely just rattle can or sponge it up as cerakote is not cheap and I don't have the equipment, 

Im not putting a P* into it though. A custom HPA unit is going in from The Builder @ airsoftsniperforums.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3805/9110819124_b1806b6c5d_c.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/oY3L1qTvgKSg3V2SidarvVjJw3hJW8K6Vl0X99joriznqOe9JhYwtww3zwh-N9rTxF73bCruYec

Edited by BigBabyMoses06

A few friends of mine have recently opened up their own Airsoft venture, which is soon to be open in the UK, and I was lucky enough to get a private viewing of their showroom on Saturday, as well as pick up an AEG (out of all 96 G&P models they had) and handle the Bomber MRP I'm about to spend the next 3 months paying for...

Anyhow, G&P M4 V5 - Wasn't one of the options I was considering when I went up there, but after handling it, the colour of the rail really grew on me and having the rail this long is a lot more comfortable to use than I'd realised; The short TD grip goes really well with the PTS gas pedal. It's also a fair amount of gun for the money, and after using it yesterday I'm thoroughly pleased - G&P AEG AR's are just as good as always, and the stock gearbox setup is consistent to +/- 3FPS, which is excellent. Chucked a guarder clear silicone rubber in and it's stupidly accurate. I really wish Madbull made all rails like this; The trades are perfect, rails are on-spec, gas system can be installed, colour is excellent and the finish is gorgeous,

Pictured out the box with buddy's G&P 870, which is also stupendous;

newstuff.jpg

Current setup;

V5.jpg

• Like 1
 I really wish Madbull made all rails like this; The trades are perfect, rails are on-spec, gas system can be installed, colour is excellent and the finish is gorgeous,

I have to say I am a little bit surprised about proper rail geometry and possibility of gas tube instalation - because I understand from Your description, there's no mod required to do. Perhaps they've improved machining, or simply You are lucky to own one of those better executed units.

Only thing I have to disagree is color excellency ;).

Yeah, yeah, I know, I am deviated...

Is that the one opening in Romford?

And when will it be opening?

It is indeed - It's looking like the next few weeks officially - They're waiting on a couple more deliveries and the website going live, but they'll be up and running very soon. I'm awaiting a reply from Marlowe on a forum presence here as well as the go-ahead to make an announcement in the news section.

I have to say I am a little bit surprised about proper rail geometry and possibility of gas tube instalation - because I understand from Your description, there's no mod required to do. Perhaps they've improved machining, or simply You are lucky to own one of those better executed units.

Only thing I have to disagree is color excellency ;).

Yeah, yeah, I know, I am deviated...

I was equally surprised myself - The rail is literally perfect. The finish is nice and flat, and a much earthier brown in person, not bronze or golden at all. Rails happily take anything I want to mount on them, the markings are sharp and accurate. I googled the NSN number and even that's accurate! I particularly like the inclusion of the 'Front sight here' part. 

All I can think is that because it's part of a G&P built gun, perhaps G&P manufacture the rail under license from Madbull? G&P previously made DD Mk18 rails before their agreement with Madbull, so maybe they're making them in-house, hence the better than Madbull quality? Not sure, but I can't fault the rail at all, it really is nice.

Got my G&P WOC Car-15 a week or so ago but only just got around to doing a proper set of photos.... now to make die hard nam lovers cry as I see if I can add a troy 7 inch handguard and Magpul PRS stock ... xDDDD

Some people just want to watch the whole world burn .... xD

tumblr_mpa2bia5Ix1ql48v6o1_1280.jpg

Full set [here]

Got my G&P WOC Car-15 a week or so ago but only just got around to doing a proper set of photos.... now to make die hard nam lovers cry as I see if I can add a troy 7 inch handguard and Magpul PRS stock ... xDDDD

Some people just want to watch the whole world burn .... xD

Full set [here]

You'll need a new buffer setup for the PRS stock due to the 607's short recoil system, but the Troy RIS will go straight on. Saying that, DD Omega rails look pretty nice with fixed carry handle uppers.

Here's some inspiration;

P1010055.jpg

• Like 2

I was equally surprised myself - The rail is literally perfect. The finish is nice and flat, and a much earthier brown in person, not bronze or golden at all. Rails happily take anything I want to mount on them, the markings are sharp and accurate. I googled the NSN number and even that's accurate! I particularly like the inclusion of the 'Front sight here' part. 

All I can think is that because it's part of a G&P built gun, perhaps G&P manufacture the rail under license from Madbull? G&P previously made DD Mk18 rails before their agreement with Madbull, so maybe they're making them in-house, hence the better than Madbull quality? Not sure, but I can't fault the rail at all, it really is nice.

I've seen you say this about the madbull rails before so when I needed to tighten the barrel on my sopmod I had a look at my madbull risII.  There was nothing in the top section of the rail to stop you putting a gas sytem in there and I haven't had any trouble fitting anything to my ris either and its got all the bits and bobs you can think of bolted onto it lol, maybe I just got lucky and got a decent one, a tuesday afternoon rather than a friday afternoon lol

Edited by Pdubyuh

I've seen you say this about the madbull rails before so when I needed to tighten the barrel on my sopmod I had a look at my madbull risII.  There was nothing in the top section of the rail to stop you putting a gas sytem in there and I haven't had any trouble fitting anything to my ris either and its got all the bits and bobs you can think of bolted onto it lol, maybe I just got lucky and got a decent one, a tuesday afternoon rather than a friday afternoon lol

It's a weird one really; Is your RISII the Mk18 style 9" or the 12"? From what I recall most people had issues with the 9". Madbull are a weird one, their MFR and the RISII I've currently got are brilliant - Fit perfectly, on-spec rails, nice trades, no 'airsoft only', nothing blocking the gas system.

On the other hand, their Troy TRX and VTAC rails are *fruitcage* appalling; Completely blocked when it comes to a gas system, blatantly, unnecessarily large 'MILSIM/AIRSOFT' only markings and a top rail that my Iron sights wouldn't slide onto.

Madbull seem to just like trolling people..

It's a weird one really; Is your RISII the Mk18 style 9" or the 12"? From what I recall most people had issues with the 9". Madbull are a weird one, their MFR and the RISII I've currently got are brilliant - Fit perfectly, on-spec rails, nice trades, no 'airsoft only', nothing blocking the gas system.

On the other hand, their Troy TRX and VTAC rails are *fruitcage* appalling; Completely blocked when it comes to a gas system, blatantly, unnecessarily large 'MILSIM/AIRSOFT' only markings and a top rail that my Iron sights wouldn't slide onto.

Madbull seem to just like trolling people..

It sounds like a company to company issue. Since Madbull goes for licenses, the OEMs get a say in how the airsoft parts are made. In the case of Troy, they dont want anyone to get an airsoft part at a gun show. With the airsoft text on the body and a blocked gas port (because a low profile gas system going all the way into the upper receiver in an AEG is just as meaningless as anti-rotational pins) should keep even the clueless real steel buyer from getting ripped off with a Madbull product. I am certain thats an OEMs primary goal.

Im glad to hear the DD rails are pretty solid now, though! I would love an MFR!

Edited by QDRenegade
  • Like 1

That's what I thought, as it seems the Noveske NSR's are pretty decent as well... Maybe Troy set more conditions than everyone else.

I'd recommend the MFR though - The trades aren't bang on accurate, but there's no mention of Airsoft and there's nothing to stop a gas system working. Saying that, you're in the US - Buy a real one! :P

That's what I thought, as it seems the Noveske NSR's are pretty decent as well... Maybe Troy set more conditions than everyone else.

I'd recommend the MFR though - The trades aren't bang on accurate, but there's no mention of Airsoft and there's nothing to stop a gas system working. Saying that, you're in the US - Buy a real one! :P

I already waste too much money on this stuff! Every time i get ready to get my rails, i see it as two skirmishable AEGs or one nice optic! I really want an RX30 :)

I already waste too much money on this stuff! Every time i get ready to get my rails, i see it as two skirmishable AEGs or one nice optic! I really want an RX30 :)

Story of my life :P Strangely enough the RX30 is about my favourite dot sight; How much do they tend to go for these days?