AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Here's my attempt at a Diemaco. Any comments/criticisms are welcome of course.

kaskgn.jpg

Formerly a G&P CQBR, the only major mod to make it into an SFW was that the KAC free-float RIS, delta ring and upper receiver were swapped out for the correct ones, along with a 10" barrel replacing the stock 10.5".

Internally, everything is stock apart from a Madbull blue hop rubber - gonna to whack a Madbull ultimate hop and barrel combo in there as soon as I can afford it.

I am aware the lower receiver and Magpul trigger guard are incorrect, but I'm happy with it for now. I'm also aware that the delta ring is a bit skew-wiff, goes like that sometimes. The sling plate is a Magpul ASAP, purely because I find it works better for left/right transitioning in CQB. Not sure if this is correct for the impression or not, but I won't be changing it. The split ring behind the front sight is a front sling attachment point for when I'm not using a single point, it's on that side cos I'm a lefty.

The pressure switch attaches to a PEQ-15 that sits on top of the RIS, but I hardly ever (in fact, never) use the laser in games - what dedicated weapon light would I need for a correct impression? Something SureFire based?

Also, for those in the know, I have a Perr Mike 6" barrel extension for this, is it worth keeping (even though I don't plan on doing a Qala-i-Janghi impression any time soon), or have UKSF switched exclusively to 10" barrels?

Might as well whack it in here, does anyone know where KT Cerberus is?

Failing that, none of you lovely gentlemen have a RS A.R.M.S #38 Swan Sleeve for a MK12 MOD0 do you, hunting for hens teeth over here!

This is going to be very difficult.  When I was doing my MOD0 build, about three years ago, I scoured the interwebs for a real-steel swan sleeve, and didn't find a single one.  Not the original classic design, that is.  They are long gone.  You might find one used.  A couple of websites listed them, but when I contacted them, they were completely O/S.

Someone can probably confirm (or contradict), but my impression was that the modern versions were not compatible with the classic tubes (size, hole placement for bolts, etc.).

That being said, the Classic Army swan sleeve, that CA sold separately from the tube, was almost as rare.  I found two HK sites (not the best known) that had one (and this is three years ago), and bought one of them.  I don't know what the quality is like on the DBoys, which comes as part of the (inexpensive) whole kit.